WHAT EVERY AQUARIUM HOBBYIST SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LIVEBEARERS
- Most species are very peaceful by nature, great for community tanks
- These fish breed readily and continuously with little effort on your part
- Many species are adaptable to a range of temperatures and water chemistry
- These fish are easy to care for and maintain in the home aquarium
- Most species grow no larger than 2 to 3 inches in length
- Continuous breeding can lead to overcrowding if you aren’t careful
- These fish require a varied diet of fresh, frozen, and commercial foods to breed well
- Most livebearers do best in schools so you may need a large tank to accommodate them
- These fish will eat their own young unless you separate them from the parents
Most Recent Forum Discussions
- setting up tank - By vostric, (0 replies)
I have a 20G tank, with a nice open space in the middle of my Eco-Complete substrate, I have my heater and filtration in, I ...
- Brown algae on plants - By billy_corycat, (1 replies)
What can I do about brown algae on my plants? What causes this? And will it kill my plants?
- Black friday sales? - By billy_corycat, (0 replies)
Is there anything aquarium related that usually goes on sale for Black Friday? I'm wondering if there's anything I could save money on - this ...