THE BRIGHT AND COLORFUL DISCUS FISH: SPRING 2017 AQUARIUM TRENDS
- Class 5 – This class includes discus fish with thick horizontal striping and vertical stress bars – turquoise discus is a variety belonging to this class.
- Class 6 – These discus fish have fine lines or striations and dots covering the gill plates with a maximum of 14 vertical bars. The snakeskin pattern belongs to this class.
- Class 7 – This class of discus fish includes those with more complicated patterns such as pearl discus, ring leopard discus, and checkerboard discus
- Class 8 – These discus fish are the spotted varieties such as domestic red-spotted green, red leopard, and leopard-spotted snakeskin
- Class 9 – This is an open pattern class that consists largely of unusual patterns like the albino snakeskin or the albino spotted discus fish
- Class 10 – This class is for the blue discus fish including cobalt and blue diamond discus fish
- Class 11 – This class is for the red discus fish such as red eagle and red snakeskin
- Class 12 – This class is for the yellow discus fish – examples include golden, yellow crystal, pigeon blood, and golden spotted
- Class 13 – This class is for the white discus fish including the snow white variation and white pigeon blood
- Class 14 – This is an open class for discus fish that don’t fit neatly into other classes.
Most Recent Forum Discussions
- setting up tank - By vostric, (0 replies)
I have a 20G tank, with a nice open space in the middle of my Eco-Complete substrate, I have my heater and filtration in, I ...
- Brown algae on plants - By billy_corycat, (1 replies)
What can I do about brown algae on my plants? What causes this? And will it kill my plants?
- Black friday sales? - By billy_corycat, (0 replies)
Is there anything aquarium related that usually goes on sale for Black Friday? I'm wondering if there's anything I could save money on - this ...