Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 14 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

Done!!!

2.5ft glass cleaned and tank topped up. 3ft (planted and fish in), 4ft (no terracotta anymore & many apple snails added), and 5ft (new wood and 2 fake ferns)rescaped and finito! And i aint looking to do anymore for a while *LOL*

Pics to come

Alasse

by Alasse

Some pics

4ft maingano & apple snails

5ft clown loaches and ?

2.5ft neons, albino BN and cories
80d3b-4ft 19th March 2011.jpg
8ce4c-5ft 19th March 2011.jpg
797b4-2.5ft 19th Mar 2011.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

I went to my LFs today to pick up some frozen blood worm for the tribe. My fishie is still there!! Gawd i hope noone buys it *L*. I'll have the money together by Thursday.

Poor beggar looks downright depressed though, they've got it in a 2ft tank and it tanks up half the length :( If i get to get i, it will love the 5ft. Gonna get a smaller one to keep it company (it was kept with 3 others and i think its also lonely)

So fingers crossed for me guys!!

I'm also debating wether to get a large pleco for the tank, i know they do little cleaning and make a mess, but i really do like em *L* Sooo maybe if i can get a bigger sized one through a private seller (too expensive through LFS)

Going to a different LFS tomorrow as i found out they carry replacement parts for the internal i have, the impeller broke on it and i need a newie, for a cheapie, its an excellent filter.

Alasse

by Alasse

So the big guy i wanted was sold just before i got to my LFS *sigh* Nevermind, i just hope its gone to a good home.

I did buy 2 others though, an approx 15cm one and an approx 6cm one, they are awesome. Eric and Sookie are their names *LOL*

I'm just letting them settle before i start flashing a camera in their faces :)

Alasse

by Alasse

So here they are

Eric (lemon oscar) & Sookie (albino tiger oscar)
26361-Eric 21st Mar 2011 i.jpg
02b62-Sookie 21st Mar 2011.jpg
15c3d-Oscars 21st Mar 2011 c.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

The 3ft tank, now planted. Needs to grow in a bit to get rid of the 'new' look
4be50-3ft 21st Mar 2011 a.jpg

tekneb

by tekneb

Gaaaah I knew it was Oscars!!!! My dad has a regular Tiger Oscar and he's awesome. You have good taste in fish lol. Btw I am very jealous of your 2.5 foot tank.

Alasse

by Alasse

Hehehe...i havent had oscars for many many years, i did have 2 large tigers. They are certainly something different. Already trained Eric to come to his feeding place, very intellegent fish they are.

The 2.5ft tank would be a favorite. I'm organising to put CO2 on it as i want to try a few different plants. The whole tank was a lot of fun to do!

Alasse

by Alasse

OMG OMG soooo excited *LOL*

I was cleaning my apple snails tank, anyway over it is my Pep tank, so i was just watching em and decided i wanted one of the bits of wood from in there to put in my apple tank, so i grab it and chuck it in. Anyway i go back to watching the Peps and what do i spot, bubba peps!! Lots and lots of bubba peps!!

Finally!! The male i've had for 2yrs waiting for the 2.5cm peps i bought to grow up *L*....2yrs of growing out the 4 peps has finally come to results.

I'm soooooooooo excited...my eldest son came running when i let out the *squeeeeeeeee* and just shook his head at me when he realised what i was excited about :D:D

Alasse

by Alasse

I seem to mostly talk to myself here but anyway *LOL*

Pep fry are still doing well.

I offloaded a heap of apple snails today, to make room for the 200+ that are in the tank *L*

The oscars are doing brilliantly!

I setup a nano tank today (7.4gal) Just java fern at this stage, not heated nor filtered. Havent decided if i might put some fish in it yet, going to setup DIY CO2 on it just for fun to see how it goes.

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 14 of 18