Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 11 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Holidays

by Holidays

You should never have cloudiness in more than 24 hr if you use an old sponge from another filter (NOT JUST OLD GRAVELS, unless you use an undergravel filter for the old gravels) that has been running for a long time in a healthy tank.

Alasse

by Alasse

It was actually clear in less than 24 hours, i never stated it was unclear for longer???? I just didnt have time to get a new pic until a few days later *LOL*

I used old substrate and a clean filter.....I have a spare internal filter running in my 5ft i could have added incase the 2.5ft tank stats were out, but there was plenty of beneficial bacteria in the used substrate to continue the cycle.

Alasse

by Alasse

I'm thinking a new project may be on the go shortly. I have a 2ft (88litre) spare, i'm going to have a play with and try out some new foam work in, similar to the wall in the 2.5ft pictured above. Though in the 2ft i'll be trying more for full wall with tree roots type thing...anyway will work out details as i go. Rather exciting *L*

I also have a few 1ft tanks, i'm going to foam background them and use them for a few white cloud minnows or firetail gudgeons (both do cold water), + plants. Just for something a bit different

Alasse

by Alasse

Sooooooo, all stats are back within safe ranges on the 4ft, not sure what happened there! Phew. I really didnt want to pull it down at this stage.

It will be emptied in the future though, but not until the bristlenose fry in the tank under it have grown to a larger size so they can be moved. The whole tank stand is moving over to beside my 5ft, and i just am not looking forward to doing that anytime soon!

snostorm

by snostorm

Alasse I think you should start up a small business of re scaping peoples tanks! The foam back grounds sound exciting, what kind of foam do you use?

Alasse

by Alasse

I'd love to snostorm, and am sorta considering looking into it more. The backgrounds i want to develop more. Have been talking to a tank supplier about buying tank through them and then i do custom handmade backgrounds in them and then sell them on.

Just gotta get the time to get it all worked out

Alasse

by Alasse

The new angel added to the 5ft with the exsisting 2 is coping well. Its eating and active with little bossing from the breeding pair. Such a gorgeous fish it is. Silver marble veiltail. I'll ty for a pic later once the tank lights come on.

About to go do a waterchange on my peppermint BN colony's tank. The filter is clogged up with plant matter from when i removed the plants to do the 2.5 rescape. The large male pep is very interested in spawning, not sure the female is quite large enough yet though, the other 3 definately arent breeding size at this stage. I'm gonna look at getting a 3ft tank made for these guy to live in exclusively.

theFISHsaysMOO

by theFISHsaysMOO

Your latest rescape turned out very nice !

Alasse

by Alasse

Phew its a warm one here today, the tanks with no plants have had their light off to try to keep it cooler.

The lighted tank are sitting arounf 35C at present, hope the cool change comes through soon. Its disgustingly humid!

Alasse

by Alasse

Well demand for apple snails is up big time sooooo, i cannot keep up with supply, so more tanks will be moved to breeding them

The tiers, currently holding a 2.5ft (guppies) and 2x 2ft tanks will be changing. The guppies will be fed to the cichlids, so their tank will be empty. I'll be looking at getting a 3ft made to fit the middle tiers dimensions, and evntually a 3ft for the top but it will only be 12" high (for my pep BN). So at some stage there will be 2x 3ft tanks solely for apple snail breeding and growout (+ a custom 2ft not on the tier stand) & a 3ft custom on top for my pep BN colony.

If i had my own place i'd set up 2x IBC's in the garage and breed them in there *L* One day!

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 11 of 18