Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 18 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

Update...been a while

5ft - still got the 2 oscars and 2 clowns. am fighting a major diatoms outbreak, will pull out the wood and fake plants tomorrow to give them a good srcub, the canister also will be pulled and cleaned. No new fish will be added to this until i get another canister to run on it. (it will run 2)

4ft - Maingano in residence and around 30 apple snails. This tank will be moving to a new spot at some stage, so will get a makeover.

3.5ft - Common BN pair and fry. Lost a breeding female from here and a heap of fry. Cause, suspected pesticide poisoning.

3ft - Still planted at this stage, agels and such still on here

2.5ft - Planted, growing in nicely, due for a trim

2.5ft - Pep breeders and fry, fry growing nicely

2ft - Approx 500 apple snails living in here, varying sizes.

1ft cube - planted - no cherries yet

1ft cube - wood scape, will be planted at some stage

octogon - rockscape, no livestock

Will be setting up a 2ft soon

Alasse

by Alasse

I moved 4 tanks today.

The peps need more often waterchanges and being on the top level of the tiers was rather difficult for me to get to. So i emptied it, removed the black sand/shell grit mix and replaced it with white play sand. Sadly some of the fry did not appreciate the move but it really could not be held off any longer. The adults will breed again. So now they are on the second shelf and much easier for me to access

The 3 tanks that were on the second shelf, 2 have now moved to the top and the 3rd is sitting beside my apple snails 2ft tank.

Tomorrow i'm hoping to remove the wood from the 5ft and scrub them, will give the gravel and extra long vacuum, so will be at least a 50% WC for the 5ft. I'll also be cleaning the canister and i'll need to pick up some new sponges for it.

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 18 of 18