Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 17 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

New pic, taken tonight. My maingano

Their tank
The dominant male with a female
Face off
Group shot
22b7c-Maingano 16th Apr 2011 d.jpg
f7b80-Maingano 16th Apr 2011 b.jpg
75497-Maingano 16th Apr 2011 a.jpg
51631-Maingano 16th Apr 2011 c.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

I've decided to put my Breeder apple adults in with the younger apples. saves me having to move egg clutches and float them in the growout tank. All will now be in the 140litre tank. I'm currently pulling it down to remove the substrate, as i find it easier to see when it needs cleaning bare based and it eeasier to clean this way. I've bought a new heater for it as the old one was moved to another tank. I should get faster growth now its reheated.

I'm looking at picking up a used 4x18x18 and stand for $100, depends if my other half will let me have it *L* I want to get rid of my current 4x15x18, My maingano will appreciate the extra width and it'll make it far easier to scape also. Though cause of that eatra width, the tank will have to move to another part of the room, and my other half will not be amused by that!

So we will see

Alasse

by Alasse

So apples are now all in the one bare based tank, now heated.

28litre planted is now heated and filtered...will be looking for some cherry shrimp for this tank.

2ft (88litre) now empty, and moved. Will be resetup at some stage as a cold water tank. Will look at some natives for it.

2 new nano tanks setup today. At this stage unfiltered and unheated.

Alasse

by Alasse

Sooo it looks like i will be upgrading a the 4ft tank. I've been offered a 4x18x18 with stand.

My 4x15x18 is quite battered around, chips, marks etc.

So there will be a stage of both tanks in residence. The 4x18 will be cleaned up, new intank foamwork done, and it setup and running. then will change substrate, and fish over. Then 4x15 will be fully cleaned up, stand sanded back and repainted, then it will be sold on.

Alasse

by Alasse

I found some cherry shrimp, a local lady has some for me, in exchange i'll help her rescape her tank *L* Sounds like a deal to me!

tekneb

by tekneb

I want cherries!!! But my Kribs would eat them :(

Alasse

by Alasse

My cherries will be in their own tank, so no probs with them getting eaten :)

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I love these fish they are by far the most active cichlid in my 125 pretty much. They dig more they fight more they hump more wow. I now have 2 maingano's holding eggs as well as an auratus female holding! I had to setup my spare 30 I was going to use as a dsb but instead I need to be able to harbor all these dang babies. I wanted to start out small :/ My girlfriend says at least the hallway and bathroom dont have tanks. I rubbed my hands together and thought of a place in the corner on an oak shelf. Anyway I love the pics. It seems like you have one male only? Some hiding? I will get pics up soon I just finally got my tank clear :( I just love hearing about you progress I just love this hobby!

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Is there any money in cherry shrimp? Breeding difficulty? I know I'll google it too lol. I've kept alive some ghost shrimp in my fancy tail 55 for bout 7 months now! They are pretty big hard to find sometimes too.

Alasse

by Alasse

No they are mostly male, just the sub males haven't got full colours, to do so would make the dom male give them a flogging

There can be money in them, breed like rabbits.

I've got some Riffle Shrimp, had them for a few years now, i need to get some more, but they are hard to find.

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 17 of 18