Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 15 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

I scored some new java fern today (snail trade *L*), i wanted somewhere to put it til i work out if i'm gonna add more to the 2.5ft, 3ft or 5ft, anyway. I dont like to just chuck it in, cause i need the leaves straight for scaping, so i did a quickie scape of a nano tank (this was stuff sitting near the tank)

I actually quite like it and debating wether to leave it like this *L* There is no livestock in the tank, it is unheated and unfiltered
892de-5minscape 25th Mar 2011.jpg

tekneb

by tekneb

Betta tank. That's all I have to say.

Alasse

by Alasse

Its unheated tekneb, not suited to a betta. I might add a few white clouds

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I've been watching this thread, and a very interesting read -

This thread should get the award for the Most Commented On (((smiles)))

I know very little of you Alasse outside of your threads, replies and/or posts but I must agree with Heidi, if anyone knows this hobby well you do - my hat is off to you!

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

as one last point - for if you read back on this particular thread, I have commented very little (if at all) - outside of my specific tank, that is unqiue unto itself (unless one takes other tanks that are posted off this web site)...when one takes all tanks in general, you know better than 9 out of 10 on this site

my point being: listen to Alasse, she knows best (I type this in all sincerity - I am sure Alaase can attest to this for I can be a pain worse than a pirranha's bite ((smiles))

Alasse

by Alasse

We all should input, thats how we learn, and all are still learning, no one knows it all *L*

We all have a pirhana side yasher *L* Thank you sincerly for your words!

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I've had my betta Billy in an unheated and unfiltered tank for over 6 months. Hell I had him in with my community tank when I still had it. The current tank he's in has a bubbler that's it. Here's the apple snail currently eating my foliage lol. I'm debating on putting billy in with the goldfish/guppy tank? My fish prolly hate me. He's also the same betta that was drug around the tank by my rainbow shark Rex. Incidentally, now a 7" shark in my 125, a result of said abuse. I just love this hobby and love meeting people that know more then I do. Which isn't hard to do, btw. Coincidentally, my third fry just arrived today as well. The other 42 are doing great in some old forty gallon. Not sure how many this fry will warrant. I've said it before and I'll say it again....Man I love being a turtle!
fa7d6-Video 139 0 00 17-54.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

dream2reef - Unheated/Unfiltered is fine for a betta if you live in tropical enviroment. Gets too cold here in winter and it would die, and i have no heated tank to safely winter a betta in.
Adding a betta to a goldie tank will i'm sure spell the end of the betta.

Apple snails dont eat plants, well the ones i have dont anyway. I've got 4 in a heavily planted tank and the only plant material they touch is decaying stuff.

Alasse

by Alasse

My peps currently have fry as i stated earlier, and today i notice Adonis (male pep) has company in his cave, so more pep fry coming. (pics of pep fry)

The common BN trio have around 200+ fry of varying ages swimming around in their tank

My apple snail growout is chockers full of bubba snails *LOL* (pic of a few coming for a feed)
e2bf3-Pep fry 28th Mar 2011 c.jpg
fb489-Pep fry 28th Mar 2011 a.jpg
c7ecc-Pep fry 28th Mar 2011 b.jpg
4e93b-Apples 28th Mar 2011.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

2.5ft planted, growing in nicely
fc37f-2.5ft 31st Mar 2011 b.jpg

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 15 of 18