Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 16 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

tekneb

by tekneb

Theyre so cute!!

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Wow 200 is an insane number. I've never even looked into to how to breed apple snails. This snail was like 2" in diameter. Cost me 13 dollars. And he for sure ate half my plants most won't grow back at all :( I don't live in any tropical environment by far I just use heat that is in my house. If my betta died from it being that cold shit I'd be cold too. But anyway you're my hero and inspiration in this hobby. The Auratus fry are around inch and a half /3.81 cm long. I had over 20 but didn't keep on water changes as frequent as necessary:< I'm not sure of the count of the new fry maybe around 20 or so. lmao also I completely forgot, I somehow missed a fish holding eggs??? Not sure how that happened (hell, I may have already posted this...crack kills...brain cells) Anyway I found and retrieved 7 but I missed around 3 maybe in the 125. They are still in there and are double their siblings size! I'm still not sure on the hybrid fish fry from that tank those babies are almost the size of my first fry. Wow I wanted to breed some fish but I never expected it to happen this fast and this many. I about got full permission on a tank expansion! maybe? Wow I'm babbling on again. I've randomized this block of words, is all I can call it, pretty well I think. Good luck putting that puzzle together!

I've been wondering Alasse how come we never hear about the Maingano tank? I love those guys I can't wait to cash in! The funny thing is the guy I bought the fish off of had been trying to breed them for over a year. I got fry in less then a month. I see him at the LFS all the time funny stuff. I do feel bad though. Anyway I was just wondering about the tank stats 5ft maingano breeder. And what about that arm? Maybe I need to back-read? Think I just made that up/
66512-cichlids 001.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

I still have the maingano...they are in a 4ft tank :) (crappy pic below, will get a better one tomorrow sometime)

The arm has not been happy the last few days, staples are out, good sized scar. Can't really lift anything or fully extend the elbow. Its giving me the irrates *L* I got back to work Monday for a few hours, very light duties though, but anyway will see how it does. Hopefully it will come good, dunno what i'll do if it doesnt.
13514-4ft 19th March 2011.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Freezer pond pic
c0a94-Pond 4th Apr 2011.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

A few more of the freezer and goldies
3bc88-Goldies 5th Apr 2011.jpg
20f57-Goldies 5th Apr 2011 a.jpg

dream2reef

by dream2reef

You actually did it. lol I can't believe you did it. I'd about do that no too for a bigger tank. Now break out the torch and silicon some glass in the front. Makes for a cheap monster tank! Over here Jeff Foxworthy would have some fun with that one. jus sayin

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Good to hear on the mainganos and arm too. I just found another Maingano holding eggs! She's the same from the first fry wow running out of room fast. Got 3 more females. I can't believe the babies! I really think it's the clay that's the only thing I've done differently that the guy I bought the fish off of didn't for the year he tried. I'm just shocked you don't talk about any fry you warrant from them. I'm ready for sale here in a few weeks! And the second batch not far behind! I hope I get several females as there are always a shortage here due the the 3 to 1 rule and they are so beautiful yellow!

Alasse

by Alasse

I am familiar with Jeff Foxworthy. I am far from a redneck and the freezer doesnt look like a freezer once its gutted and laying on its back. Far from a monster tank, my 5ft tank holds more water than the pond *LOL*

Errrr Maingano arent yellow hun, they are blue and black striped :) If you've got yellow then they are not maingano :)

I dont get many fry as i dont have many females, mostly males. I'm not interested in breeding them honestly. I've got enough on my hands with the common BN, Peppermint BN and Apple snails

dream2reef

by dream2reef

No sorry bout the misunderstanding my maingano females are blue and white striped. They are only yellow after having fry on the tips of dorcel fins. My auratus females are yellow white and black striped. I haven't got pics of any of them yet. Or the four males I have. I just moved 6 of the baby maingano's to the 125 to see how they do, so far so good. I also am switching over to cichlid sand they seem to love it more. I threw a twenty lbs. bag in there and removed some play sand. I'm as redneck as ya git! Everyone fight's over the area with the cichlid sand lol. I just love this hobby. Glad to hear your fulfilling LFS needs. Finally you can rip them off. Even though they end up with the better end generally speaking.

Alasse

by Alasse

The peps wont be going to the lfs, those fry will stay here at least 1 year until sexable. Then i will sell on males but keep all the females from the spawn, they'll stay on for another years. I'll then buy unrelated males to pair them up with. I'll keep 4-5 breeding lots and sell on others

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 16 of 18