Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 12 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

Soooo all the guppies from the top 2.5ft are now spread around the other tanks as snacks.

There tank has had a quickie clean, black sand added to some shellgrit/white sand mix. A sponge filter, a corner filter and a small internal are now running, along with the heater. Yes its cloudy *LOL*, but will settle quickly. Once its upto temp my Peppermint BN colony will be moving in.

The 2ft on the middle tier is chockers full of apple snails, all baby snails will be moving out into the custom 2ft for growout. All adult snails will be staying in the middle 2ft.

The bottom 2ft is still not in use at this stage, its full of fish equipment and spare stuff *L*

Alasse

by Alasse

Pepps tank...prettymuch cleared already. Peps have moved in
079b9-2.5ft Pepps.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

I'm getting ready to pull down and clean the 2ft custom, taking out the majority of the black sand and adding in shellgrit/white sand mix. Other than the substrate, filter and heater this tank will be pretty much bare. The immature apple snails will be going into here to grow out.

Pics once finished

Alasse

by Alasse

The Pep tank is a clear as a bell, peps are active and looking good! Very pleased with this setup.

The 140L 2ft custom i just finished filling, tis cloudy, mainly cause i was not slow in filling. I can't fill slow cause i just dont have the control of the bucket using only the 1 arm. I've added what snails i could see, the rest i'll move over in the morning (their 88L 2ft tank doesnt have a light)

Once these tanks are done, i probably wont be changing any for a bit. I'll be doing water changes tomorrow on remaining tanks, then it will be a case of wait til i find out if i need surgery on my arm *sigh*

This is why i have kept all my tanks understocked, so that they will cope through not being cared for as well as they should. Anyway should know more Tuesday.

Alasse

by Alasse

Got a pic of my male Pep, Adonis

And the custom 2ft Apple snail growout tank
ff909-Adonis 26th Feb 2011.jpg
cbd13-Apple 26th Feb 2011.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Soooo i'm having surgery on my arm soon that will put me out of action for at least 8 weeks!

I've got to get the last tanks waterchanged and ready for the time when i will not be able to touch them. Understocked tanks should be no probs for that long, well they'll have to be

Alasse

by Alasse

Surgery will be Wed 9th Mar.....sooooo will be doing final waterchanges this weekend, that should hold the tanks over until i can do maintenance again.

Alasse

by Alasse

A fish i seen yesterday has made me look at my tanks and decide to shuffle some around

4ft(55gal) maingano colony will have a total rehaul, i will be making a large foam rockscape for it, most of the real rocks will be movig out. The large piece of driftwood will come out and be going into the 5ft

3ft (50gal) currently holding my goldies. Once these guys move out into the pond, the maingano will move in temporarily while their tank is being updated. Once the maingano move back into thier 4ft, the tank will be going planted. All the wood (well what i decide to scape with) from the 5ft will move into here, the plants and fish (except clown loaches at this stage) will also move into the 3ft (5ft is major understocked so shouldnt be an issue)

5ft (90gal) will be cleaned (plants substrate removed), updated decor back in (some of the wood originally in there will stay, as will some java fern), filter back on to clean up water, the loaches will stay to keep the tank cycled while i source 2 of the fish that started this whole move around *LOL* (no i'm not telling, you'll have to wait til they're here)

I'll be trying to get done what i can before my operation, otherwise it will have to waitiuntil after my recovery period.

tekneb

by tekneb

Keeping us in suspense so that we come back for more. You should be a writer Alasse lol.

Alasse

by Alasse

Hehehe....gotta keep ya guessing

I do write, just nothing suitable for here lol

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 12 of 18