Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 8 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

Thanx yasher

I bought some fish today

5ft - 4 female platys

2ft - a baby silver marble veiltail angel (soooo pretty)

Alasse

by Alasse

I am about to go tackle my 3ft tank, something is defiantely not right in this tank, i'll do a test, but i think i'll pull it down and redo.

Alasse

by Alasse

Hmmmm some ammonia, but not feral, that imagine came from the couple of dead guppies i found & it is massively overstocked. Anyway tank is now empty plants are in the 5ft for pond snail clearing, pulled down filter, it was full. Replacing carbon...well so i thought, no carbon in the darn house, grrrrrrrrrr. Tank will need to stay down until i get some carbon tonight to tackle the tannins a bit

So many guppies in there (100+), i will cull out quite a few of the tiny ones, the cichlids will enjoy them. Apple snails EVERYWHERE, i saved some of the bigger lot the rest were culled out.

Will post up a pic once its all back together

Alasse

by Alasse

OK, so today i decided i needed some tank to swap places and fish to move, why oh why does it sound soooo simple til you start *L* I still have 3 tanks to move and have been going for many hours already.....

Soooo the 3ft (guppies & apple snails) has been fully emptied, sand substrate removed, black gravel in, its moving to where my 3 tiered stand is and will be holding my goldies when finished

The 3 tiered stand holds a 2.5ft (pond snails) and 2x 2ft's (BN trio & guppy fry). I want to move it to where my 3ft tank is sitting.

I've setup my new 3.5ft that is under my 4ft, the BN trio will be moving into here, just waiting for it to warm up, once it right the BN will move in. Their tank will be emptied and taken off the stand. The 2ft golding guppy fry has already been emptied. The 2.5ft will then be emptied and pond snail held in a bucket for a bit.

The big swap will happen and then the resetting of tank

The 2.5ft will be housing the apple snails, the 2x 2fts will be holding guppies (male tank and a female tank)

The 2.5ft that is the goldies temp home will be fully cleaned ready to go salty at some stage.

See sounds simple *LOL*
Currently the 3ft is empty, once the BN are moved, the 3 tiered stand will be moving to where the 3ft is and the 3ft will be moving to where the tier is *LOL*

I'm just waiting for the 3.5ft tank to warm up a bit

Alasse

by Alasse

Sooo the Bn have moved into their new home, the tiers and 3ft tank have swapped places, the 3ft is now home to my goldies again. This is where i have pulled up, i cannot carry another bucket today *L*

Some pics of the goldies new scape
2d0e7-Goldies 4th Jan 2011.jpg
40af0-Goldies 4th Jan 2011 a.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Ok...so 2 tanks in the tiers have been setup. The top tank (2.5ft) is holding the guppies. The middle tank is holding the apple snails. The bottom tank is not setup yet as i need to get another heater and corner filter for it

They are as cloudy as. I've put in shellgrit/sand substrate to try to harden the water up. With all the rain we have had its fully flushed the rainwater tank and as such is too soft for the snails (they are getting shell damage) I'll be looking into buying some calcium drops for them also.

I lost a few of the adult guppies in the changeover, but their are hundreds of babies so hopefully wont take too long to resettle and get breeding again.

The planted 2ft, i've put in some purigen to clear the tannins from the water, its effecting the amount of lifghts the plants are recieving and some are showing signs of being a bit unhappy.

The 5ft is doing really really well. The 4ft is cruising along.

The new 3.5ft is ok, tannins happening, but its a breeding tank so not really worrying me

Alasse

by Alasse

Now i have a good supply of soft water, i am thinking of getting some discus. Just at the thinking stage though. There are some at my LFS that are just gorgeous

Alasse

by Alasse

The apples are laying eggs again, and are appearing to have halted the shell damage.

The BN trio are comfy in their new tank, and i notice BN fry now swimming around

The guppies have settled into their tank, and yep are still breeding like rabbits.

The 2.5ft SunSun tank was being used as a holding tank, i'm looking at turning this one salty, so tomorrow i will be fully emptying it, removing the gravel, and giving it a very good clean, The canister will be pulled down and them will wait until i get some different media suitable for salt

I'll be trying to pick up some crushed coral sand next week for the substrate and a hydrometer. Once that is in i'll be filling it with salt water, to make sure all is running well. The following wekk i'll be slowly buying live rock until i have what i feel is enough. Tis somewhat exciting.

Alasse

by Alasse

Pic of the Goldie & Tiers

Pic of the guppy tank

Pic of the apple tank
527c5-Tanks 15th Jan 2011.jpg
615c0-Guppies 15th Jan 2011.jpg
73c40-039.JPG

Alasse

by Alasse

I'm looking again at my 2.5ft. I'm thinking i may turn it back into a planted tank. I'm gonna hold off on the saltwater for now (look at a bigger tank at some stage). I'm going to pull stuff out of my 2ft planted to put in there, gives a bit more room for my peppermints, i'm hoping they'll breed. The 2ft is gonna be my new angels home, gonna get a few more veiltails to go with it, hoping for a pair later as they mature.

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 8 of 18