* 55 gal tank
* 45 lbs live rock
* 50 lbs crushed coral
* UG filter with 2 powerheads
* Twin 48" flourecent fixture
* Tetratec PF500 power filter
* Tetratec 200 heater
* Don't be impatient on startup
* Research what look you are trying to achieve to make sure all elements are compatable.
New tank being cycled right now - fish to be added in a couple weeks
" I wouldn't have it any other way" (when things don't go as planned)
When you see signs of stress in your fish, you can then take steps to identify the source of that stress and then to resolve it before it becomes a major issue.
If you're looking for a unique way to stock your new tank, give freshwater shrimp a try.
If your fish is suffering, you may want to consider euthanasia as an option to humanely end his pain.