Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 5 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

looks really good Alasse, it's come a long way

I like especially the brownish layer for the plants in the top pic...all tank looks rather natural

Alasse

by Alasse

Thanx yasher :)

The brownish layer is actually mainly made up of black gravel. It gets the brownish look from the small amount of red gravel and laterite dispersed through it and the flash has picked it up. While its no longer jet black it looks more black like in real life

Alasse

by Alasse

i bought 10 neons and anothe bronze cory for the 2ft tank today

I've also ordered a custom made tank. This will go under my 4ft tank and be used to growout BN fry. pics to come once it arrives

cwilkin

by cwilkin

Sorry I was just trying to share...

Alasse

by Alasse

Nah its cool, but ya should do a thread on it and let us know some stats on it, i'd certainly be interested :)

Alasse

by Alasse

4ft maingano tank ~ I am going to pull it down and change the substrate. I'm not happy with the washed out looked the white sand is giving my fish, the fish are just not happy as its too bright for them. I'll be either changing to a black sand or a black gravel...pics to come when i get around to it

Alasse

by Alasse

I ordered a black sand today for the maingano tank. I got 25kg, should be enough. Sposed to be here Mon or Tues, so the pull down will happen the following weekend

cwilkin

by cwilkin

I wanted to do sand really bad because I think it just sets the tank off. BUT!!!, I was told that it wasnt a good idea becuase the plants wouldn't grow very well. I am very disapointed that I listend to that person!! Oh well!!! I look forward to seeing more pics and thanks for not being mad lol :)

Alasse

by Alasse

Plants will grow in sand, you may though need to just push some fert tabs into where the heavy root feeders are (swords). Takes quite a bit to make me mad mate, dont stress *L*

Sand hasnt arrived yet, but i did spot 2 most awesome large fake plants in my LFS that i just gotta have *LOL* They are expensive though! $AU82 for the 2 of them. Got a few other things to pay for 1st, then i will be grabbing them, they'll look brilliant in the cichlid tank!

Alasse

by Alasse

5ft news - Tank has settled in beautifully! Plants have fully recovered and are looking awesome, i do have to replant some of the stem plants, one of the joys of having loaches *L* All it needs its some more fish!

Too many things happening and not enough money *LOL*

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 5 of 18