Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 3 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Yayyyyyy

Alasse

by Alasse

Yep getting excited now *L*

I'll add the other plants i have this weekend, then get it tested, will prolly add some feeder guppies as canaries, all going well fish should be in this week or next. Then i can get to doing the other tanks!

Alasse

by Alasse

Fingers crossed the tank stats will be stable! I'm planting some more crypts tonight when i get home from work. Next week i'm gonna pic up some Wisteria and Elodea to use as nutrient suckers (i am seeing the start of a major algae outbreak!) while the tank fills in with rooted plants.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Blah blah blah yackety smackety. WHERE'S THE PICS?

Alasse

by Alasse

Will get some this weekend after the crypts are added

Alasse

by Alasse

Woot, tank is looking quite good, nitrates are still fairly high, this is what is causing my algae outbreak, but after a water change to lower them a bit, it is ready for fish. I have some guppies in there at present and all appear to be behaving normally. Will watch them for a few hours, if all goes well the other fish will move in...*happy happy dance!*

Alasse

by Alasse

Newer pics, some new plants added. Not finished but thats all the plants i have for now.

FTS & left side pic
6d2c8-5ft 23rd Oct 2010.jpg
0b532-5ft 23rd Oct 2010 left side.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Angels are in, and a madly hunting the guppies. Redtail is in and looking gorgeous. Clown loach is in (only 1 ended up surviving) and is sorta partly hanging with the redtail.

I'll be picking up 4 more small clowns as buddies for the one left. I'll be adding platys for a bit more colour.

Alasse

by Alasse

The algae is clearing up, guess who is eating it *L*

Ohhhhhh i found the second surviving clown loach, silly thing was stuck in the filter outler tube, (i was pulling it apart to clean it, darn lucky fish). So now its in the 5ft with the other one, much happier loaches.

The angels have hunted down most of the guppies and are looking beautiful and very happy!
The redtail is in full scavange mode and loving the space, constantly out and about!

When i add the other fish or plants i'll add some new pics

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

sounds good so far - as you can see, I tried to stay away from the "tank shuffle" post for you know how I am (((smiles)))...but I kept reading the post for I wanted to know how things went after the disaster - looks good, once the plants get going your nitrates should come down...nothing beats experience, if this happened to a newbie, I am certain all the living inhabitants would have perished

yes keep us posted with pics

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 3 of 18