Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 2 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

Alasse, i am totally impressed with the set up and choice of chichlids. (clap, clap) All you guys do is make me want to set up another tank. I currently have 4.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

There aren't enough flat surfaces to put tanks on it doesn't matter how many you have. It's sooooo addicting I love it. WTG alasse Progess is excellent. I love rescaping and seeing others rescape. It is always a totally different tank.

Alasse

by Alasse

I have around 15 tanks, only 8 are running though at present. I've come to a halt in the rescaping until the 5ft is safe for fish. I'll get it tested again on the weekend and see how its going. If there is still a high ammonia prob, then i will ammonia lock it again and wait a bit longer

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

or worse come to worse, just strip it all down, scrub it out, and restart (use old gravel or filter media to jumpstart the cycle)

Alasse

by Alasse

I would not have enough of the same gravel in other tanks now to make adding it very beneficial. Most of my tanks are running sand now.

Nah not going to pull it down, takes forever and it will have to go through a cycle now anyway. The high ammonia would have killed off a lot of stuff...It will settle, just needs a bit of time.

Cloudiness has nearly all cleared up. Wood and plants have been put into position. I'm taking a sample in tomorrow to get tested, will see what that brings

Alasse

by Alasse

If anyone may be interested in how the 5ft tank is doing *L* I've left it be for the week and got it tested again today

Ammonia Off the charts (test tube is no longer black but a definate green now *L*)
Nitrate 170ppm
Nitrite Off the charts

I am going to do a 75% WC today to try to lower the levels to a bit more managable parameters. The tank is trying to cycle and slowly succeeding though, in time it will, i'm in no hurry so will just let it go through.

Alasse

by Alasse

I ended up doing a 50% WC, added some more potted plants as these are helping with the Nitrate levels.

Its actually cycling through pretty fast which i'm pleased about.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

everybody do the tank shuffle.

Alasse

by Alasse

Not recommended, tis hard work and a pain when things go wrong.

Once this 5ft settles i'll get back to changing the others, but i'm stuck until i can move the fish over

Alasse

by Alasse

So an update on how the 5ft is going!

Week 3 test results
Ammonia 0.25ppm
PH 8
Nitr(i)te 0.1ppm
Nitr(a)te 200ppm

Nearly there!!

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 2 of 18