Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 4 of 18

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

The angels are preparing to spawn *L* The eggs though will not make it, the loaches will make short work of them and the anubias they have chosen is not staying in the 5ft tank

New pics tonight (waiting for it to get dark)

Alasse

by Alasse

The angels not only spawned, they currently have fry *L* They are extremely determined parents so we will see how long they can keep the fry alive.

cwilkin

by cwilkin

How exciting, let me know how the fry go!

Alasse

by Alasse

I'm holding off on a new shot of the 5ft tank as we are slowly rearranging the office and i hope to again be able to take full front on photos of it. The angels are not at all impressed with me at present, i took the anubias out to use in another tank. So now i have upset them, dunno how the fry will go. But anyway time will tell, and the 2 anubias were never going to stay in there.

My newest scape, just finished. Still a few crypts to add in once i divide up a bunch from another tank. But this is prettymuch how it will stay.

Tank: 61cm x 50cm x 46cm
Filtration: Internal Otto
Heater: 150W
Substrate: Play sand
Plants: Anubias, Java fern, Val, Crypts, Swords & an Unknown
Occupants: Apple snail breeding pair, Neon Tetras*, Cory*, Peppermint BN, Riffle shrimp

*more neons & cories to come, will also be adding some rummynose tetras at some stage

horrid pics and as you can see still cloudy, will update with a new pic when it clears
a6c23-2ft 11th Nov 2010.jpg
12c41-2ft 11th Nov 2010 a.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

The BN are having a ball swishing sand into places i dont want it...grrrrrrrrrrrr. So i will have to try to solve that issue today sometime. Might hide a BN cave in there, the male is mature(14 1/2cm) and the larger female would be around (7-8cm) so all the sand moving might be breeding behaviour (gee i hope so *L* i've waited years now)
The cory is absolutely loving being on sand again and will be chuffed i'm sure when he has more friends.
The apples are mating so i expect more eggs soon. The baby apples i saved in the rescape are back in and happily foraging. The MTS are in and out the sand, i put these back in to keep the sand moving to stop any dead spots. A notice a couple of pond snails in there, but thats cool. I dont mind snails

All in all, except for the BN moving sand issue i am very happy with the tank so far!
Everyone seems pleased with the new look

cwilkin

by cwilkin

I kinda did a shuffle I got new plants :)
874fc-8.JPG

Alasse

by Alasse

Looks good...its needs its own thread though *L*

Alasse

by Alasse

I'll get some new pics of the 5ft tonight once it gets dark, i can now get a straight shot of it. I have a few plants to replant, darn loaches *L*, but all in all it is going well. The angels lost the fry, i figured they would. With me disturbing them and the other fish in there, was too much for them.

The 4ft tank is going to get moved AGAIN. Now that we have rearranged the room, the 4ft is not in a good place, so it will be moving over to beside the 5ft. The tank is driving me nuts anyway, its having a major major algae outbreak, i've done a blackout on it and it hasnt helped, so i'll pull it down, clean and chuck it back together, i'll try adding a small pleco to help with algae control this time around though. I think its the sand thats doing it, it seems to be high in silicates, hopefully it will eventually settle. The goldy tank went through the same problem. And i reckon the newest 3ft will in all probability have a similar reaction (though this tank has the 5 peps in it)

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

Alasse, after the peeing incident and bringing all the chemicals practically back to normal range I am sure in a couple weeks or so your tank will look just fine

it only proves your experience in this hobby (((this time - take this as a 100% compliment without reservation (((smiles))))

Alasse

by Alasse

The 5ft is fully stable now and totally recovered from the pee incident *L* Still no new fish added at this stage, was waiting to see what happened to the angels and fry. The angel thing is no longer a factor, so new fish will appear over time now.

The 4ft on the other hand is goading me with its algae outbreak, OMG it is an eyesore *L* I'll fix it up soon, just getting over moving all the other stuff, i'll tackle that job later *L*

The 2ft is coming along nicely, cleared now, just needs a few more plants and stock

Pics
5ft, still not full stocked or planted
2ft cleared
5e4a4-2ft 14th Nov 2010.jpg
3572c-5ft 14th Nov 2010 a.jpg

Tank shuffle

172 posts • Page 4 of 18