START POSTING BIATCHES

168 posts • Page 7 of 17

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Ohh yeah, sps feed at night mostly. But they will stay open during the day. They still have polyps they are just very very small. Birdsnest has a lot of flesh to it...montipora does too but only a little bit of it is a polyp. I would honestly try out a montipora cap. Get yourself a 1x1 piece or so. it shouldnt be more then 10 bucks at the most. it will grow rapidly with your lighting and stable parameters.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

lol you dont understand my LFS......... i live in WEST TEXAS......... not florida......... i think the cheapest sps and lps frags they sell are 30 bucks, now i will say that the smallest sps and lps they sell are 2 in but still. They have at TON of soft frags that i always just look at, then they have their full grown softies and a few sps and lps that are REDICULOUS...... 100 bucks minimum....

fihsboy

by fihsboy

ouch. we have boats that come in here.......There is a wholesale market about 45 minutes from my house........problem is they only sell to lfs. BUT, the owner of my lfs is freaking awesome........and lets me go with him when I want something. I just give him 15-20% more then he pays, and I cant return it. Which is totally fair. I spend 100 bucks.......he makes about 20 more. Which is a LOT less then the mark up he puts in his store. You have to double the price to make any money in retail. :)

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok guys EVERYONE POST THEIR FAVORITE CORAL WEBSITES TO BUY FROM........ i saved the link to east bay aquaculture.... i LOVE the site but with them charging 10$ for packaging no matter what and a 35$ flat rate shipping fee....... thats like 50 bucks BEFORE I BUY ANYTHING lol.............. so start posting! BTW my lfs is closed for a lil while thanks to LUBBOCKS STUPID FUCKING CONSTRUCTION

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

Here in STL i'm fortunate to have 3 decent LFS to bounce between. Each has it's perks, one is better for fish, one has really cool coral and the 3rd is kinda all around however usually a little higher in price. All in all I can't complain however with the closest salt water being a 11+ hour drive i'm totally jealous of anyone living near the beach! Just not the same staring at the stinky / muddy ass Mississippi!

Once i figure out how to lower the pixel count on my photos i'll post some nice shots of my tank... for now i just have to post small shots of individual corals....

fihsboy

by fihsboy

use tinypic.com and just copy and paste the url. They automatically resize for you.

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

thank you.... i'll have to try it out with some of the new pics i took..

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Gldermite, did you say you lived in St lous? I need a good pet store cuz the one we went to Belts is becoming like a petsmart they tried to sell a knife fish to a kid who had a 10 gallon. Please help Im getting all my fish from pet smart. ;)

GO CARDS!!!!!!!

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok lets try this again.....

I NEED EVERYONES FAVORITE CORAL WEBSITES..........

i also found an ebay seller that sells frags for ultra cheap, under 10 bucks, and he lives in dallas so i qualify for some kind of overnight shipping for 15$.... best deal so far

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

mro2you2,

2 other decent options, STL marine solutions located in St Charles of First Capitol drive & Hwy 70. www.stlmarinesolutions.com

Other is Nemo's Pets in Granite City, IL, very easy to get to from 270 north..

Both are very good however i prefer STL marine solutions as they have more knowledge than any of the others...

START POSTING BIATCHES

168 posts • Page 7 of 17