START POSTING BIATCHES

168 posts • Page 9 of 17

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I feed my whole tank one food. Its by Oceans Blend. Cant think of the name. You should be fine as long as your not overfeeding. They like the really really small dust food. :) They dont need much, a little dab will do yah.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

HEY BOSS
WHERE ARE YOU MAN
YOU ARE PART OWNER OF THIS POST AND NO WHERE TO BE SEEN
LETS SEE IF WE CAN MAKE 10 PAGES.

HEY BLUE, WHEN R WE GOING TO SEE UPDATES PICS ON THE TANK

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

im here Puffy, just trying to drum up work, ya know that crazy shit we gotta do like eat and keep the lights on.......................lol

i awoke to my wife telling me there was something wrong with the tank yesterday and ran into the living room expecting to see dead fish again - but no casualties other than her floor....................ooopps.............out of no where my skimmer decided to dump about 2 gallons of water onto the floor................

nothing catastophic but a mess non the less.............so i did a quick clean and fill ALL BEFORE COFFEE i might add...........hahahaha

Fishboy - you where right this is a great lil skimmer but definately has a mind of it's own, i need just build a damn sump and get rid of this tom aquatics pos i have and put the skimmer inside instead of HOB

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss, Sorry it overflowed on you. It did that to me at least 4 times. I switched directly after. My next skimmer will be a new super reef octopus. :) The pump pulls 81 scfh of air which is about 5 times that of a remora.....or coralife.......or what I have currently, which still kicks ass. Im going to try to get it before christmas. If you build a sump....I would build it around a skimmer you want. :) This thing seariously will outperform 95% of the other skimmers. I have a buddy who has one.....its worth every penny. :)

http://www.saltysupply.com/Reef-Octopus ... oc9155.htm

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i have 2 euroreef skimmers sitting here waiting for the big tank an RS-80 and an RS-135 - the octopus skimmers look very similar to the euroreefs so yeah i can't wait to fire one of these off

ive been thinking about a 10 gallon sump for my 20long but keep putting any more mods or upgrades off until i can get the 120gal up and running but i may just have to bite the bullet and gut this tom aquatics thing and use the overflow and return pump in a DIY 10 gal sump

Boss

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

I've got a real nice sump that is gently used if anyone is interested. It has a small crack on a seem, it's acrylic and can be repaired really easy. If i dont' sell it, i'll just be holding on to it for a possible frag tank... I started a post about it some time ago and it's just collecting dust right now. I use the same setup on my 200 gallon tank...

Reason for the switch was the LFS installed the filter pods on the incorrect side and i couldn't get to the filters. It has very easy access if installed correctly. While removing i put a small crack in the upper corner on one side. Very fixable with a little glue and bandage. If interested i'll snap some photos and send to you. Link below is to the Marineland website for a general overview of the sump... it's the Model 4 rated for 55-300 gallon systems.

http://www.marineland.com/sites/Marinel ... 1&mid=3226

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

hey boss
did you finally get rid of that filthy hair algea
If so what was your result in eliminating it.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

not entirely Puff, but i am on the winning side of it .............................

1st i removed about 2/3rds of the sand from the tank leaveing about 1/2 -3/4 inch {i had a 2 - 4 inch sand bed }

2nd i took the live rock out {about half at a time} put it in quarentine with 1.9 - 2.2 SG water and airstones and just boiled that crap off over a couple weeks then resoke it in reg 1.025 water to bring it back down - ive still got a couple of my nice chunks in the hi salt bath right now

3rd i got some margarita snails

4th a long spine urchin {named thor, lol} and he really keeps the rocks clean man .............

i still get little tufts of this crap over a 2 week period of time but i keep it in check, somewhat...............i really need to figure out what the cause is - - if i fixed it and its just there now or if theres still a parameter im missing ????? im going to order new RO/DI filters soon - -mayber they aren't up to par {it was a used unit i got from a friend}

BUT - -its a 150% better than it was - - i was gonna tear the tank down and get out of the hobby a couple times over this shit..............

thanks for askin bud

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss thats good to hear. Do you air out your house much? I know that sounds weird.....but a build up of CO2 could be aiding in your algae. Im glad to hear that you have it tamed for the time being. I was getting little spots of bryopsis patching up as soon as I added my reactor...Excess CO2 was leaking into the tank and caused my algae to bloom, So I gave more surface agitation and opened up the house for the day.......it was gone two days later. I think this may be a big issue for a lot of people........a lot of houses are well insulated now a days......which means CO2 build up isnt uncommon. :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

good thought...........i did spray foam this house when i built it last fall so i could very well have high Co2 in here - - theres gotta be a way to controll it though....i cant open my windows up in January here in NY ......lol bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Boss

START POSTING BIATCHES

168 posts • Page 9 of 17