START POSTING BIATCHES

168 posts • Page 5 of 17

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

awesome pics.... my Fox keeps eating the Zoa so i've given up on them for now until i convince myself to get rid of him!

My tank is now 10 months old and doing quite well in my opinion, lost a few fish, few corals etc however for the most part just battling red slime algea from time to time...

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i might get into some sps and lps here in a lil bit, if i do decided to do it, you guys better be on the lookout on here for when i mess somethin up

fihsboy

by fihsboy

gdeeber sweet pics! Blue, ask away if you ever have any problems. :) I hav some pics of my tank since I have dropped some searious cash into it. argh I told myself I wasnt going to do it.....but I did anyways. Heres a link to my build I just updated today. Blue, your only three away from a grand!

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f193/ ... 183-5.html

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yall are all douche bags on here........ where the hell is everyone getting money to do this, im doin good by finding money for food, a few supplements every couple of months and the 25 cent per gal water! lol

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I have two jobs now. I have a sweet ass tank....but I never have the time to actually look at it. Which SUCKS. I bought the calcium reactor for 200 bucks after the controller and CO2 it was $200. I just save up and work a lot. haha. When you work a LOT, you dont have time to spend it on crap.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yeah i understand that, my hrs kinda got cut since we hired a new full timer........ so just a few quick words of advise, would a birdsnest be a pretty good starter? i mean ive got a hammer and some other sps that i dont even know what it is hahaha, but i prolly need to stay away from montipora and acans (not to mention the price on those) and acropora... i would just really like to add some color to my tank besides coraline algae everywhere hahaha

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yeah i understand that, my hrs kinda got cut since we hired a new full timer........ so just a few quick words of advise, would a birdsnest be a pretty good starter? i mean ive got a hammer and some other sps that i dont even know what it is hahaha, but i prolly need to stay away from montipora and acans (not to mention the price on those) and acropora... i would just really like to add some color to my tank besides coraline algae everywhere hahaha

fihsboy

by fihsboy

My hours got cut too...but I have vacation time built up.......so I have 4- 40 hour weeks ahead because im using my vacation time on top of actually working. Starter coral.....I would honestly consider a montipora cap a pretty good starter for a hard coral. As long as your salinity is right...and your not having big temp swings....it will grow nicely. Ill be honest with you.......when I ran the 29 gallon tank.....i had a gorgeous birdsnest....ORA green birdnest with pink tips. Put it in this new tank.......it hasnt come back yet. Its still struggling. I cant get it to come back for some reason. I think its the lighting change. But I put it everywhere in the tank and cant get good color to come back. And the flow in my tank is rediculous so its almost tearing off the flesh. It sucks. If you buy a piece, it will grow fast, just make sure you buy a healthy piece to start with. Let me nurse a few frags back to health from being burried for two days in the sand......and Ill send you one for free. I am looking for a carrier that will send it fairly cheap to make it worth while haha.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

hahaha that would be tight.... i think some sort of plate coral would be gorgeous, im jus kinda tired of havin the same old tank ya know, i mean its been a good 6 months since i bought any coral frag

fihsboy

by fihsboy

ohh its time! You need to go down to the lfs and treat yourself. :) You could hold a plate. If your holding sps now....then you should be fine. what are you dosing for calcium and alk?

START POSTING BIATCHES

168 posts • Page 5 of 17