START POSTING BIATCHES

168 posts • Page 10 of 17

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

never had it and my tank backs into the garage. lots of fresh air, so its possible fishboy might be right.
Now we are at the mother in laws the house is a little stuffy, and tanks in side completely. A little bit on one rock. Might start opening the window. See what happenes

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

Interesting take, i'll be "airing out" the tank room this week just to test this theory out although i'm pretty sure with 3 kids that the tank gets plenty of fresh air (read doors left open or repeadetly opened)! LOL

Oh and this thread shall not die!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

the theory seems solid but the more i think about it, if there were enough CO2 in the house to support life wouldnt we humans be having issues? headaches, lathargic etc??? not sure thats why im asking

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Not necessarily. Your tank would act as a buffer in the area it is in. Its just like the ocean. Algae feeds on the CO2 releasing O2 back into the water and evaporates back into the atomosphere. I would imagine its a lot more common then one would think. I did a project on the effect of CO2 on the human body. Pretty interesting. Fatigue......the rate ATP is produced by Red Blood Cells........ and.......contractibility of your diaphram. Most of it is respritory effects and they are hardy noticable in your every day life. I took Human Biology.........and even though it was hard as hell, I learned quite a bit. I saw a fan on Planet Green that they used to exhuast old air and bring in cool air. It was pretty sweet. AND, if its cold outside it heats the air before it brings it in.....Im looking for the link but im drawing blanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

http://www.wholehousefan.com/PRODUCTS/HV1600-GR.html

Whole house fan. It replaces the need for an AC. Of course in southern states where the humidity is 100% its not ideal.....but for someone like you boss.....it would rid the need for your AC and you get good clean air all the time. :) There are smaller versions obviously.....but this is what I was thinking about.

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

House fan / Attic fan would only help me 1-2 months of the year in STL... the humidity is just too damn high... however the last 2-3 months has been very nice with the exception of the monsoon rains so the house has been open and aired out almost daily...

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

this is stupid, my tank overheats in the summer, and already its sitting at 68 degrees.............a chiller for the summer and a heater for the winter, this is rediculous

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

LOL, mine is always hot, tank hovers around 80 the whole year...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Ditto, I never get below 77. Or above 82. Blue have you tried using fans? It could be 100 outside......and my tank wont go over 81. It is all dependent on your room temperature, what do you keep your house at?

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

I"m actually going to build a platform for my lights, they currently sit really close to the tank and that alone raises the temp. Once i raise them up a few inches i'll be installing a small fan just to move air above the tank and then will see where my temp stays at.

I've had the heater in the tank just to make sure i don't get any sudden temp drops however it's never kicked on....

START POSTING BIATCHES

168 posts • Page 10 of 17