getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 5 of 8

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

gumbii

by gumbii

lol... i'm happy the way i am now... i'm not advertizing my gayness all over the place... the good thing is that i have a very strong gay-dar... i could spot them out anywhere... so i just start talking to the guys i meet, or sometimes i get to meet some curious guys... it's alot of fun... i take them home and they hang out with my straight friends like nothing... but like i said... i'm not in the scene for a reason... i hate it...

i wasn't always gay... so i was also into the gay basher kind of mind-set... i don't know if i was born gay... it's a trip... that and i don't like the feminem guys... i can't stand them to the point that i start gay-bashing... sorry for being a jerk... but it's just not my pint of newcastle...

i like to fight, i have two strikes, i've been to prison several times for different violent crimes, i used to be in a real gang, i used to sell serious drugs and run the neighborhood i live in now... i drive a 03 tahoe with tv's, sounds, and 24" rims... most of it was from drug/gang money...

i'm over all of that stuff... i know it felt great wile i was all into that stuff, but i was really suffering... now i'm poor and live with my sister and my 3 adopted kids... my life rocks now...

well... with that said... i will not go to rainbow bars, rock the rainbow or pyramids or start listening to britney spears and dance with glowsticks... but i am looking for a shirt with the bear pride flag and paw print... i can't find one locally for some reason...

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Gum

Interesting that you hate feminine guys to the point of gay-bashing. I believe there is always something behind any extreme behavior. With each post discussing your homosexuality, you also point out what you aren't. JMO, and 30 years experience as a homosexual, most gay people comfortable with their orientation don't usually need to also explain that while gay, they aren't this type of gay or that type. Nor do they hate other gay people and need to bash them. Just my opinion, and of course 30 years of observation, and a master's in psychology (LOL), you aren't comfortable with who you are.

Z
Last edited by Zambize4899 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

gumbii

by gumbii

werd... i'm still not out of the closet as to say with my family... but i am very comfortable with who i am... it's just the way i was raised, and how i am because of my friends... i won't hurt the fags... but i will just let them know that if they don't get away from me, i'm going to be a total a-hole with them... sad really...

and i know what you are thinking... i had several psychology classes, and my teachers all pretty much sum'd it all up for me... i'm insane, and have a mild schitzophrenia... lol... my dad was a mild schitzo... but there are also some really serious bad wiring in my head... i guess i do need help... but oh well...

and wow... a masters in psychology is freaken baller...

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Well, it's also known that most folks who go into psychology, particularly as a career, like me, have some skeletons in their brain chemistry as well. LOL

BTW, I hope your teachers were joking. No psych teacher would diagnose someone who isn't their client. Assuming they have a license to practice and not just teach, that is unethical and one of the primary reasons a therapist would (quickly) lose their license. And most teachers are just that, teachers, and not practitioners, and therefore not qualified to diagnose. So phooey to them!

Z

gumbii

by gumbii

at school they were also the campus psychologist... so it was all lagit...

and i know... i always wanted to be a psychiatrist... but i'm not learnith enough...

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Being a psychiatrist is no fun. They are medical doctors and primarily diagnose and prescribe medications. Psychologists (some) and therapists are more intimately involved with and see their clients more often. Psychiatrists see a diagnosis and therapists see a person. Generalization.

Z

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Peter -

Ok, I've been wanting to ask, and since I'm in such an analytical mood, I'll ask. When you refer to your ex-girlfriend, the wench she was, why do you always refer to her as a "black" woman, rather than a woman? My partner is white, but I don't call her a "white woman". LOL She's also Jewish, but I don't call her my Jewish, white girlfriend. LOL Although I have called her my (*&#^*# girlfriend. LOL, but not to her Jewish, white face.

Z

snowboss

by snowboss

WOW - - i love this post.............i need to get my 16 yr old daughter to read it, we "fight" about our stands on gay/not gay , choice /birth etc. etc. pretty regularly, and i must admit there is a very fine line to belief, theory, acceptance, denial, etc etc etc...........while as i stated before that I don't believe in the lifestyle and I can't put my "it's alright for you" stamp on it.........i believe more whole heartedly .....to the point of killing that I in no way have the right to tell "you" {anyone} what they can and can't do with their lives....i can give my opinion...........but it stops right there, it's just my opinion. And who you sleep with or live with or confide in.....in no way affects our {whose ever and mine} relationship.....................what, am i gonna get gay fish because Z gives me advise????? Am I gonna get Tangs that beat up Clowns because they have pretty coats on when I get advice from Gumbii???? what an assinine thought...LMAO

Now as a father, i have to figure out what is the correct way to teach this concept {parenting should have a book, lol} like i said the line is so fine between wanting to say, "it's a wrong lifestyle" and God {higher power} didn't give me the authority to say "it's wrong" - -so Z -with all your schoolling, degrees, 30 yrs expierience as a gay person and you've probably been to the store twice, lol what is your {very respected BTW} opinion/thoughts on this???? I don't believe in "letting them figure it out" I made enough mistakes in my life....if i can help her not make at least those mistakes, then she will have more room to make her own.......why repeat the ones that have been made? I want to present her with all the information I can {not all the ideals that are mine} for example......I'm haveing a very hard time with this Presidential election, so my daughter and I have a deal, I'm giving her my vote BUT she has to explain to me why we are voteing for whtever candidate we are......it has been an awsome expierience, we talk, we fight, we agree, we disagree.....but more importantly we will arrive at a choice, a well informed choice....together on election day..................

interesting question you posed to PK, I obviously can't speak for him, but I dated a very native Hawian for a while and I always refered to her as my Hawian GF - -and I really can't say why....I don't refer to my wonderful wife as my White wife of Polish decent - - -although like you said I do refer to my cheating X wife as *&%#$#!%$#&^% C*nt --- lol

But i think that we {humans} as a rule are simetrical beings...............so if we chose to move out of this and date, a person of another race, creed, color, same sex..............we might need to "warn" other simetrical beings, so they aren't taken off guard, or .......with the rampent problems with raceism today....it may be a simple as a filter..............if i say , my Black gf and you come back with some crazy racist remarks.....well..................guess who i'm not talking to anymore, hehehehe.............................

Good thoughts and concepts.....i love em all

Snowboss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Personally-I-like-the-polarity-betwen-a-man-and-a-woman.....I-love-the-fact-that-a-man-and-a-woman-fit-together-anatomicly,-and-I-like-the-way-women-are-energetically-too......I-don't-get-the-rough-sex-that-two-testoterone-packed-men-have-together-in-West-Hollywood....It's-not-attractive-to-me....It's-like-trying-to-put-the-positive-ends-of-two-magnets-together-from-my-perspective.....I've-had-many-gay-massage-clients-and-quite-a-few-have-been-with-the-same-partner-for-15-plus-years-which-I-think-is-admirable.......I-personally-think-homosexuality-is-harmless.....Many-animals-play-the-role-of-the-other-sex-when-there-are-too-many-of-one-and-none-of-the-other,-so-actually,-I-do-think-homosexuality-is-normal......Religon-is-invariably-devisive-and-likes-to-seperate-itself-from-the-"non-believers",or-people-who-have-different-beliefs-and-I-believe-this-is-a-man-made-rule,-not-that-of-God-who-loves-everybody-regardless-of-sexual-orientation.....Finally,-I-don't-think-homosexuality-is-contagious......They-don't-make-adopted-children-gay-and-they-hurt-noone-in-my-opinion.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Snow -

Actually I can respond to your question posed to me because I'm a counselor for troubled youth, and not for any of the reasons you listed! My advice is that you have to let your daughter make mistakes, that's how we learn. It is hard to watch them make the mistakes you already made, but we learn best from our own experience, not by being told how (or how not) to do something. Also, developmentally, teens are doing primarily two things 1) establishing their independence and 2) defining themselves. Both of these very important developmental milestones are critical to attaining proper coping skills and general life skills. Teens sense a threat to both of these objectives when anyone tries to inhibit their ability to explore themselves.

Let your daughter believe what she believes, don't argue about it, just respect her opinion and ask her to respect your opinion. She may change her mind tomorrow, and besides, she's actually listening to and being influenced by you perhaps more than you know.

Peter -
Trust me, two women fit together just fine. Quite cozy actually. Our concept of what "fits" perhaps needs to be examined. Personally, the idea of a penis in me is repulsive and doesn't seem like it would "fit" at all. Expand you horizons, try making love to your wife without your penis. (No offense guys, I'm sure your women adore your member, but it's a fact that very few women have an orgasm with the penis alone.)

And Peter ---> "They-usually-aren't-going-to-breed,-so-what's-the-worry?" ----> WTF!?

Zambize

getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 5 of 8