getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 3 of 8

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

gumbii

by gumbii

the name is Gumbiisardo Garcia... but gumbii for short...

i'm 16 years old... made in mexico, but born in East LA... now own a pad in bell gardens california surrounded by insane characters and 40+ LFS...

right now i'm unemployed, but i'm a certified chrysler technitian... i have my associates degree and i'm working on my BA degree... i'm ASE cert in several areas of automotive junk... i was also a professional body pierced, and i'm pretty known in the pit bull breeding ring, and koi keepers around los angeles...

i've been into fish since evAr... my dad used to breed fancy carp... so here i am... over 50,000 gallons of freshwater ponds and tanks all maintained by me... some of you might allready know that i'm involved in some strict breeding projects for some fish extinct to the wild... i just got another species of chalifrea cichlidae and i have 80% of the entire surviving species in th eworld... yeah like that...

i also have several species of snakes in my collection... i'm starting up a breeding group of milksnakes, cornsnakes, kingsnakes, rattlesnakes, cobras, mussaranna's, and other misc snakes... in total i have now over 40 snakes...

um... i also have pigeons, hamsters, monitors, turtles, dogs, and now spiders... i hate spiders... but i found this wierd tarrantula in my back yard and i had to give him a proper home...

i'm president of the bell gardens fish club and an online member of the Los Angeles Fish Fanatics fish club...

i look like a freak (http://www.myspace.com/gumbii) and alot of people say that i'm a jerk... lol... i'm just very free spirited, and say everything that's on my mind most of the time...

i found this site when i wanted to compete with my friend to see who will get higher on the top ten spot with thier tanks... i never made it up there somehow... but my friend was up there for two months... jerk... even though i designed the tank and put it all together myself... lol... he gets all of the glory...

i guess that is all...

bah...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'll-be-brief-due-to-me-getting-sick-of-typing-w/o-a-space-bar....I'm-42,-male,-I-have-an-8-year-old-son-and-we're-into-aquariums,-N-scale-modern-freight-railroads-among-other-things......I've-worked-all-kinds-of-jobs-from-construction-to-professional-mowing-and-cooking-at-restaurants.....Been-a-massage-therapist-for-12-plus-years-and-I-just-finished-school-as-a-respiratory-therapist-and-hope-to-get-hired-next-Tuesday-at-a-local-hospital......Grew-up-in-upstate-NY-on-50-acres-and-now-live-in-LA-and-pretty-much-hate-it-here.

I'm-the-kind-of-person-who-loves-the-woods-and-feels-at-home-among-the-trees-and-sticks,-especially-at-night.....I-hitchhiked-across-the-country-when-I-was-young-and-I-liked-camping-in-the-woods-off-the-main-roads-at-night......Nobody-could-see-me-and-all-was-good......I-think-it's-funny-how-city-people-have-a-fear-of-the-woods......For-me-it's-the-opposite.......I-used-to-build-forts-and-tree-houses-and-just-play-by-myself-in-the-trees-and-the-creek......Blablablablabla

At-the-risk-of-hijacking-this-thread-and-spewing-about-drama-I'll-stop.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Oh c'mon, you are just getting started! lol

zambize

by zambize

Darn Gumbii, I got all mushy feeling about your needing to give a stray tarantula a home. :) You get points. But about that Pit Bull stuff...how about rescuing one for every one you breed? I speak my mind, too!

Curious, how do you get your apartment manager to allow all these pets? It's a miracle if they allow one or two.

Zambize

zambize

by zambize

Oh, and Gum -- I looked at your MySpace page, you don't look like a freak. (?) And you write well. And you're 26, not 16. Typo, I'm sure. :) However, I'm not so sure about that lesbian reference in MySpace, LOL. I am one, and I've been to Hell (since many people have suggested that I go there) and I spoke to Satan directly. He just asked for my advice on how to please his woman. It's god you've got to watch out for.... LOL

Two serious questions though, how have you managed to acquire such detailed and technical knowledge of all things fish? And what online or published aquatic resources do you consider reliable?

Z

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

I sense the shyt is fixin to hit the fan now!

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Hehehehehe!

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Fishy -

Since you read the lease agreement you would have seen it, but just FYI, lease agreements sometimes restrict any large volumes of water like aquariums or water beds, but don't mention "fish".

Z

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

The agreement mentioned that you could have a waterbed, and the landlord told us that when we moved in, but it had to be placed on the half of the apartment that is build on concrete foundation and not the half of the apartment that is above the basement with just wood.

gumbii

by gumbii

zambize...

my pit bulls aren't your typical pit bulls... i don't have pictures on my profile about my dogs for sale and such... my dogs have sold before for 2 grand and sometimes more... i've also shiped them to other states... the say i see it is that my dogs are way to expensive for just some gangster to buy... lol...

another thing, along with a bunch of other pit bull breeders; we are "breeding" the aggresiveness out of the breed... i have adopted some dogs from shelters and stuff, but i just don't have enough room... i have 7 pit bulls in circulation from my house, to my friend's house, and some in my cousin's house...

and was the apartment comment meant for me...??? i don't rent, i own...

and what lesbian comment...??? i'll check it out... i don't mean anything bad to any of the "gays"... i'm also gay... well part time gay... lol...

getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 3 of 8