getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 8 of 8

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Yea-I-know......He-loves-playing-in-the-waves-boogie-boarding-too.......I-just-feel-less-of-what-I-could-be-if-I-was-earning-$300-$500-a-day-which-an-RT-can-earn........My-rent-check-is-going-to-bounce.....actually-I-need-to-call-the-manager-and-tell-him-to-hold-my-check-till-I-get-$300-more-into-the-bank......My-phone-will-be-turnd-off-by-the-21st-and-same-goes-for-electric,-car-insurance,-internet-axcess.

If-one-of-these-5-6-RT-positions-pans-out-within-the-next-few-days-I'll-have-the-ability-to-borrow-money-with-the-promise-of-payback-by-a-certian-date......Then-I'll-have-enough-for-gas,-food,-maybe-some-videos-and-whatnot.

Hopfully-there's-a-train-show-somwhere-so-we-can-pack-up-all-75-or-so-cars-and-6-or-7-working-locamotives-and-set-up-our-train-on-one-of-the-modular-layouts-that-have-main-lines-hundreds-of-feet-long......It's-fun-having-5-locos-puling-and-3-helpers-midway-down-the-train......The-N-scale-track-is-slightly-wider-than-1/2-inch-and-an-80-car-train-is-about-30-feet-or-more-long,-and-everything-is-very-well-prototyped-with-teenie-tiny-lettering-and-high-tech-geared-down-engines-with-flywheels-for-more-realistic-movement.

gumbii

by gumbii

lol @ the direction this thread went...

you're welcome...

so what do you guy's think about a gay couple raising some kids...? me and my sister adopted three of my nephews... and eventually i'm going to bring a man home... well... there's a 50% chance it will be a guy... lol...

well... i actually have a question... but let me start by saying, i really don't mind if one of the kids comes out gay, or anything like that... but the whole thing about they growing up in a house with a uncle with a boyfriend... hmm... that's kind of wierd... even I know that... so what do i do...? do i hide it from them for a couple of years, or just act totally straight around them... i'm allready very straight acting, but you know... uncle with a man...

what do i do...? or what do you guys think...? what about with the school stuff..?? bah... kjasdfljk;fdsajlkfdajkldfakljadsf;ljkdasf...

i shouldn't be stressing out about this stuff right now... my oldest is 3 years old...

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

There have been numerous studies regarding the effects of gay parents on children. There is absolutely no evidence that those children are adversely affected. They are no less well-adjusted. If it were proven otherwise, gay people would not be allowed to adopt.

No, do not hide your lifestyle from the children. Young children have less of a "problem" with different kinds of relationships because they do not have as many prejudices and biases as we do. Their minds are open.

And they absolutely will NOT be more influenced to be gay. There is also zero proof that gay couples are more likely to have gay kids. People are born gay, they are not gay because of any other influences.

Zambize

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

PK -

For a very special, and very deep, bonding experience, just sit down somewhere with your son and listen to him. Don't give advice, don't add your own "stories", don't correct him, bite your tongue. The more you do this the more he will share with you. It is a very powerful bonding experience.

Z

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Thanks-Z

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Like-I-said-before......I-think-the-most-important-think-parents-can-do,-gay-or-straight,-is-to-work-together-constructivly.....Then-the-kids-will-be-able-to-work-well-with-someone-when-they-get-older.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Last edited by Sumthing_Fishy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Last edited by Sumthing_Fishy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I've-known-for-a-long-time-that-it-doesn't-take-money-to-be-a-good-parent......We'll-have-a-great-time-when-he's-here-regardless-of-how-much-money-I-have.......My-mother-lives-near-me-in-LA-and-she-hasn't-spent-more-than-a-few-hours-with-him-alone-in-the-8-years-he's-been-alive,-and-that-was-when-I-went-out-to-do-a-massage.....She-missed-the-chance-to-see-through-the-eyes-of-a-child-again......She-didn't-raise-me,-my-dad-and-stepmother-did,-but-I-saw-a-great-opportuity-for-her-that-she-blew-off.....My-son-is-bringing-his-fishing-pole,-he-and-I-have-bikes-here,-and-he-was-just-getting-the-hang-of-body-surfing-last-summer-and-I-look-forward-do-doing-quite-a-bit-this-summer.

It-was-so-much-fun-for-me-to-teach-him-how-to-duck-under-big-waves-so-we-didn't-get-tumbled.....I-told-him-to-hold-his-breath-and-with-me-holding-him-we'd-dunk-under....That's-trust.

I-grew-up-with-most-of-my-intimacy-being-with-cats.....My-dad-and-stepmom-never-touched-me......That's-why-I-chose-to-do-massage-for-many-years-because-touching-another-person-was-somthing-I-really-needed-and-didn't-get......I-think-many-parents-could-use-a-little-animal-instinct.....My-cat-doesn't-jump-on-the-trainset,-or-the-kitchen-counters-even-when-I'm-not-at-home....She-gets-tones-of-petting,-grooming,-and-I-even-lick-her-face-and-nibble-on-her-ears-and-purr-with-her....The-other-side-of-that-is-my-fierce-pack-leader-attitude......I-use-the-carrot-and-the-stick,-and-since-the-carrot-has-been-so-successful-I-never-need-to-use-the-metaphorical-stick-for-my-cat-or-my-son......I-don't-even-have-a-punishment-for-my-son,-have-never-spanked-him,-and-don't-have-a-time-out-policy-because-I-don't-need-it-with-him....He-trusts-me-and-I-trust-him-and-it's-a-blessing-to-have-such-a-great-kid.

getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 8 of 8