getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 7 of 8

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

spraky1413

by spraky1413

My cat leaves my tank alone for the most part. We used to have a 55 gal in the living room and a footlong pleco that lived in it along with the goldfish. My min. schnauzer hated that fish... whenever the pleco would attatch himself to the glass on the font, the dog would go crazy. Dog snot and slobber all over the front of the tank. I think the pleco liked to tease him. Long after the tank was gone (moved the goldies outside and the pleco to my grandparents), we could look at the dog and say "look at the fish" and he would run to the spot where the pleco used to be and bark like mad until he realized the tank wasn't there anymore. Did that for years after.

silly animals
=)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

PK & Snowboss --

It's damned refreshing to hear two good parents speak. I see and hear such crap each week. Like watching a slow, disastrous, train wreck and only being able to watch with the only question being "how many people will get hurt?".

(PK - I really do hope I didn't offend you. I lapse into debate and analysis reallyyyyy easy and I'm sometimes too much, or so I'm told, repeatedly. LOL)

Z

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Spraky -

Funny you bring up your dog. This morning I realized that my Miniature Dachshund lays in front of my 20 gallon tank, puts his head down, and only his eyes move as he watches the fish swim around. Very soon, his eyes slowly close shut and he dozes right off. He is calmed by fish as much as we are!

This is truly remarkable because of his background, which I won't get into, but it's incredible to watch, if you know him. And it's a good thing. :)

Z

snowboss

by snowboss

well Z.............i will say it's nice to talk to a person who has one of them brain things in their head....LOL ..........very refreshing and never feel bad about saying something, if we disagree im sure we'll tell you as you would us.....AL

spraky1413

by spraky1413

My mini doxie stays away from my tank... she doen't like water. except to drink out of the pond in the backyard

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

No-I'm-not-offended.....It-probably-wasn't-the-most-PC-way-to-describe-that-woman....Live-and-learn-I-guess!

My-cat-drinks-out-of-every-water-filled-container-she-finds.......Bathtub,-fishtank-etc....I-can't-leave-any-water-glasses-where-she'll-find-them-because-she-always-knocks-them-over-and-that-includes-buckets-that-have-a-small-amount-of-water-left-in-them.....I-think-she-was-a-racoon-in-her-last-life.

I'm-having-sooooo-much-trouble-getting-a-repiratory-job-and-I-don't-understand-why-it's-been-so-difficult.....I-have-a-few-hospitals-I'm-staying-in-touch-with-and-I-may-start-working-for-a-pond-servicing-buisness-as-well.....The-massage-buisness-is-burning-me-out....It's-mostly-gay-men-that-I-work-on-and-men-in-general-are-harder-to-work-on.....Their-energy-is-usually-very-static-and-much-less-satisfying-than-most-women-whose-energy-seems-to-flow.......It's-not-a-sexual-thing,-it's-energetic,-and-I-get-bored-when-I-don't-feel-a-body-become-more-and-more-relaxed-and-happy.

My-goal-is-to-be-employed-in-a-real-job-before-my-son-comes-out-for-the-summer-and-it's-not-looking-good...He's-comming-next-Monday.....I-know-we-can-play-with-our-extensive-N-scale-freight-train-layout,-go-boogie-boarding-at-the-beach,-and-go-biking-and-hiking,-but-I-wanted-to-be-able-to-take-him-to-Catalina-Island,-go-on-a-3-day-backpacking-trip-in-the-Sierras,-and-take-the-train-up-to-Pismo-beach-and-explore-the-sea-caves-by-cayak-and-that's-not-looking-very-promising-at-this-time.....I-hate-being-broke-when-he's-with-me....Grrrrrrrr!!!!.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I-used-to-have-crayfish-crawl-out-of-my-tank-when-I-was-a-kid-and-I'd-find-them-on-the-other-side-of-the-house-all-covered-with-fuzz-and-dust-and-fending-off-all-3-cats-with-it's-claws-up.

My-stepfather-has-a-keyboard-for-me-so-I-just-have-to-go-pick-it-up......It'll-be-weird-learning-to-use-the-space-bar-again!

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

PK,

In regard to what you'd like to do with your son, it sounds like you want your son to feel special, have a memorable visit, and lots of quality time with you. You can do that without fancy trips, I assure you that it will be just as special and memorable for him. You're insightful and sensitive, and you have much to offer him. I'm sure you can figure this out.

I'll even give a hint, maybe just a different perspective. Catalina Island isn't special, it has nothing to do with *you*, you aren't sharing yourself with him. But sharing your trains with him, that's sharing yourself with him. And it doesn't really matter if you've done this a thousand times, you can make the 1001st time special. He will remember, and deeply love, his Dad, especially watching his Dad with his trains. Catalina Island?

Z

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

good point Z...........isn't it funny that my wife and I had a beautiful honeymoon in Niagra falls of all places ....I mean we went all out, hotel, tours, room service all the goodies for a week and we will remember it for the rest of our lives BUT more ofte than not, we think about and talk about the times we shared one can of soup cause we were so broke and how we counted our change and took bottles back to get a pack of smokes, almost more "special" than the thousands we spent on the wedding and honeymoon...because we did it together and got threw bad times as a team shareing of each other ........good times are good times, but struggles build us stronger ................as we look back on our childhoods we remember some vacations and some trips But more so the time "dad got hurt and the family was all there" or the time we didn't have food in the house and mom made a huge meal with some hamburger and a ton of pasta....things like that - - -didn't mean to get off subject .....lol but i guarentee PK your son will remember fixing a train locomotive or typeing on your silly keyboard over a trip to an island anyday, either way your miles ahead of the norm in todays society in parenting bud....Kudo's

Boss

getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 7 of 8