getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 2 of 8

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

I am Spongebob and i live in a pineapple in the ocean... in a city called Bikini Bottom. I have a best friend Patrick and a neighbor Squidward.

I try to visit the site daily and have learned lots from the forum. I only come to the forums to learn about fish... my personal remains just that :) But as many know here, it doesn't stop me from being friendly.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

This was discussed in the Freshwater forum and it was called something like "Profile of a fishkeeper". If this works, this is the link http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/phpbb/vie ... fishkeeper . This is a good topic though so I'm summarize in case folks don't want to review the 49 entries in the previous thread (although it was interesting).

I am a 43 year old female. I live in Southern California with my partner of 5 years, 6 cats, 4 dogs, and a barrel of fish. I've spent most of my adult career working in the tech industry, during which time I acquired two Master's in Computer Science and Business Administration. After 15 years of that I went back to college (not enough agony the first time) and got a Master's in Counseling Psychology. Recent years have been spent as a psychotherapist. As much as I've devoted to education and I my career, I have devoted more to animal activism. My interests include golf, playing with techy gadgets, and an insatiable thirst for knowledge (formal or otherwise) that keeps me involved with some new hobby or interest all the time. I just got into fish. I've kept Betta for 3-4 years then noticed all the other pretty fish back in January.

Zambize

miami754

by miami754

My name is Robert and I live in Colorado Springs. I just graduated with my M.S. in physics from the University of Georgia and now work as a Software Engineer/Technical Writer. I am 26 and have been married for close to 7 years. I have a 6 year old child and a 10-month old one as well. I love to watch college football (go Dawgs), read, write novels, and BBQ outside by my new Koi pond that I just built (I just did pizza on the grill last night - freakin amazing. I had never tried it before, but I will never go to another pizza place again).

snowboss

by snowboss

SOONERS !!!!!! hehehehe

zambize

by zambize

Crimson Tide --- Roll Tide Roll

miami754 said "I love to watch college football (go Dawgs)"

Z

miami754

by miami754

I like the spirit :).

spraky1413

by spraky1413

Krista, 21 from Oregon. Username was supposed to be Sparky1413, but I didnt catch the typo when I signed up.

Kept fish for quite a while, long as I can remember. My first fish was one of those feeder fish you get at the state fair that usually die on the way home. he lived to be the size of a medium trout until a raccoon got him out of the pond/hot tub at my grandmas house out in the country. Only have a little 10gal at this point, but an hoping to set up the 55 gal we have once i find out if my landlords will allow it (rediculous, i know)

I work for a secured loan company as a receptionist/ clerk. before that, i worked in nursing homes and retirement homes.

hmm... so much more, so little bandwith.. lol

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

I didn't ask my landlord, but read the entire agreement and only mentioned cat/dog deposit. It didn't mention fish, birds, etc. I guess its a don't ask, don't tell policy, so I didn't tell or ask, but have 3 aquariums in here. Might wind up like Z out in the driveway with 3 tanks looking for a power outlet. lol

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol - -the only thing i can say as a home owner is that we need to be aware of the weight involved in aquariums......my wife and i are in the process of building a house right now and i wanted to do my monster dream tank in the livingroom - - -only to put a pencil to it and find out that the tank is going to weigh in the 6-7 thousand pound area...........................um.............................so it it's going in the basement ..........which is where it would end up if i built it in the livingroom anyway.........lol

so as much of an inconvienience as it is ....lets be patient with our non-fish loving property owners.....lol

for example - -a fresh water 55 gallon with 3 inches of substrate weighs 610 lbs

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Luckily this is on the bottom floor, and half of the apartment is built on concrete slab, and the other half is built above the basement. It is placed in the living room on the concrete slab. It would be awful if I was up on the next floor, there would be no aquarium in there, but in the basement. I think I would just have to move!

getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 2 of 8