getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 1 of 8

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

a1k8t31524

getting to know you all

by a1k8t31524

you know its funny alot of my time is spent on this site, and i was just wondering where is everyone from, what do you do for a living and all that

my name is andrew
im 25
keeping fins for about 2...3ish years now and i am a chef, from wichita kansas...

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Hi my name is Michele. My ASL is 30-ish (hope no1 seen my age, almost gave it away, female, Dunkirk, NY - a small college town 40 miles south south/west of Buffalo, NY. I work from home as a medical transcriptionist and editor so that allows me a lot of time with my aquariums. I've been keeping fish for about 2 years now and love every minute of it. Chef!! Now thats a great occupation. Food is my other hobby.
Last edited by Sumthing_Fishy on Mon May 26, 2008 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

hello, My name is Al - -I am located 40 miles south of Albany NY right on the Hudson river, I own my own excavation/ property development company doing everything from foundations to hydro seeding to clearing to mowing and everything in between.......i'm 39 yrs old married to my highschool sweatheart...........about to build my first house complete with a monster plywood DIY tank in my new office{480 gallon, salt} - hobbies include salt tanks {traded a bad sports car habit for them, lol} and boats - -I'm down to 3 right now, jeeps and old classic cars.

a1 - - I lived in KS for 14 yrs ...I was a construction forman and electronics technitian for a petroleum marketing company..{building and maintaining gas stations} I have worked and been to Witchita many times.....i lived in Chanute {bout 8 miles south of Iola} small world eh? .......Glad to meet ya, good post

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

There was a post about this while back but here'goes anyway...

I'm Christina, a college student from Ontario, Canada studying for a career as a Legal Clerk. Im on these forums because the people here know soooo much more than I do and its always great to have their help. I'm a huge fan of the X-Files (mmmm david duchovny...) and Im absolutely dying over their 2nd movie that will be out in July.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

KS is a nice state born and raised here, lived in scottsdale AZ for about a year and a half when i was in culinary school. loved it but you know you always have to come back home. wichita is really starting to grow. if you are ever here again for some strange reason you should give me a holla......yo

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

Christina , random question, but being from Canada and all. would you happen to be firimilar with the Firkin group of pubs?

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

Well seeing as Im not even legal yet....lol...i havnt heard of them...but around here we have ALOT of bars/clubs/pubs...aparently theres a better chance of being killed by a drunk driver in Windsor than anywhere else in Canada. Windsor aka Bar-town. So maybe we have them around here and i just dont know it.

darkruby

by darkruby

Yay! beer!
Anyway, just too answer the original ?
Names Adam and live in georgia in the nice city of suwanee. I am 16 and still trying to get a job. I hope I can support my aquariums or else im doomed!

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Travis;

born and raised in Maine for 19 years;

now located in Northern Maryland and keeping a small 2 bed apt with my girlfriend;

Used to: Fish, web/grahpics design, snowboard, ATV, mtn climb, waterski, be a first class boyscout, weight train, see lots of women.

Now: keep fish, work overnight on a retail job that pays as well as one could hope at a freaking grocery store which is thankfully not dead-end, drink beer, wake up next to the same woman every night/morning/whathaveyou.

Random: In '01-02 I attended a Bible college to study Theology. What a waste of a year. Feb '03 moved to PA with my brother, Oct '04 moved to Maryland where I've been since. I hate this place. lol

leighann

by leighann

Leigh;
Lived in Southeast Texas 48 out of 50 years. I have had a small tank for almost 2 years and am starting up a 75g community planted tank. I've learned a lot from the people here and find myself becoming a fish junkie!
I am an administrative assistant, divorced with grown children (yea) so that means I now have money to spend on my hobby!

getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 1 of 8