WTF IS THIS???

704 posts • Page 67 of 71

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

gumbii

by gumbii

if they're 54watts and four feet long they were T5HO bulbs... very good bulbs... all my friend's are starting to use them... i have two in my reef tank along with my metal halides... 108 watts of T5HO are as strong as a 250W SE metal halide bulb... very very true... get they...

i have german bulbs in my canopy... my friend has a 8 bulb 60" T5HO setup on his 180g reef... those bulbs are 80 WATTS each!!!... that's 640 WATTS of powerfull german bulbs... a bunch of ATI's and some fiji purples... those are worth every penny... his corals are growing like crazy... but he spent alot of cash on that rig... i think it's over kill...

but yeah... get some of they bulbs... you only need two to light up your tank... GE makes some very great 2,300K bulbs to grow plants... alot of reefers put those bulbs in thier setup for growth of corals... but it's a yellow spectrum of light...

poop...

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Political discussion generally leads me to one thing now..this song:

Thrice - All The World is Mad

Tends to have deep philosophical/religious roots. It is not a happy song, but I couldn't agree more with the lyrics.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

NOBAMA!!!!

gumbii

by gumbii

teh ghey...

i like obama... he took hummer's off the streets... i hated seeing a bunch of stupid girls with female-brain syndrome cutting off people left and right in those giant useless fiberglass 8mile per gallon pieces of american junk...

there i said it...

discuss...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Please MRO2YOU2..........

Tell us why you don't like Obama. He's at least not like bush and Cheny who stole billions of now unaccounted for money and just gave it to his buddies at Bectel who did nothing but stuff their pockets with it. Our taxpayer money!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i voted for the other guy...........................BUT................................the one thing that has brought me around to Obama is the changes he is makeing, they may not save us any money or do incredable things for the American people, but, at least its something new and maybe we can have a chance to work on a new issue of somesort

the way we were going was not helping us at all and we've been trying to correct or renidy the same problems for the last 10 presidential terms

so right wrong or indifferent we at least have some new issues to work on and thats something we haven't had in a good 30-40 years

as far as Hummers go there Gumbii..................i love em !!!! i want one and ill have one one someday ....................hell i want a 3 car garage with an H1, H2 and a H3 with tags that all say HIS, HERS and BABIES....lmao

my H1 is made from recycled aluminums,and plastics and burns diesel which is easyly switched to a biofuel and will run for 100's of thousands of miles and is biodegradable and recycleable for the most part - - -my wife's honda hybrid is comming to the end of it's life with 150k on it we might be able to save it with a 4,000 dollar transmission replacement {like i have that laying around} but my question is where are the 300 lbs of batteries going to end up? and thats just one hybrid car whats going to happen when thousands of them start getting to the end of their lives in 5 -10 years? you cant rebuild em hell you cant even change the friggin oil in em with out specialty tools - - -ill be drivin by in my 8Mpg monster saveing the environment .....LOL love ya man

comon bud you know you like hummers [wink wink, hahahahahaha]

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Cars, trucks and boats use lead-acid batteries to store power for ignition or other uses. Lead-acid battery recycling is known as one of the most successful recycling initiatives in the U.S. Over 97 percent of lead-acid batteries are recycled in a process where the lead and plastic of the batteries are reclaimed and sent to new battery manufacturers to be reused. Lead is recovered by either separating the lead, plastics and acid that make up the battery before metallurgical processing. Alternatively, the batteries can be processed as a whole through heat treatment (thermal recovery) in a specific type of furnace, with the metals being recovered at the end of the process

Got that from a company that does it in NY. :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol i knew i could count on someone to blow holes in my rant...........hahahaha...........i hope they do get recycled - -i just see alot more polution coming from "not causeing environmental impact" then they want to let on - - -how much fossil fuel is going to be consumed rendering these batteries safe? how many pounds of carbon emmited saving the pounds of carbon emited by the hybrid? i really believe its close to a wash with more cost going to me the end user or might even be more impactful in areas not spoke of - - -i dont know for sure , but sometimes doing something just to make us feel better doesnt mean its correct or benifiecial - - -like paying extra and taking the time to seperate recyclables and have them picked up by special trucks only to see those trucks dumping in the same compactor im dumping the stuff they won't pick up at the landfill...................see my point? what was saved? nothing the big fancy truck emmited how many tons of carbon picking up the shit i spent my time seperating and charged me more to do so only to put it all in the same place it went before recycleing was popular - - -i dont get it???????????? im paying more to fuck the planet up nicely???? i have to pay emmission taxes and fees on my vehicles and limit my productivity because its not "cool" to drive a big truck and more but china fires off 3 unregulated coal buring power plants a week ?????

wheres the comon sense in any of this ?

now dont get me wrong im all about green living and alternative fuels - - but dont charge me because i want to do right . . . . . . .

and back to medical ins.....................im a small business owner and have no ins right now.................its going to cost me more elsewhere {taxes, fees, regulatory charges etc} to get the government subsidized ins than it would to buy the high dollar rip off ins that i cant afford now...............only at least i have a choice to not buy it now .................again .......look at the big picture people - - im for insurance for all............im not for spending more somewhere else to pay for cheap insurance though

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Whatever happens with the damn insurance thing, I'm finally getting my RT licence reactivated and I'm gona try once more to get a medical job here in LA.

The unemployment situation here is like 15%, and that doesn't even include the people who have given up looking or have taken much lower paying jobs. Even the medical industry is hard to find a job in.

When I eventually find this RT work, either here or in Ithaca NY, I'll get insurance again and will be able to fix my knee, my teeth, and be able to afford the meds that cost me $20 a day my former insurance wouldn't pay for.

Oh Boss.......Just dropped the light into the tank again!!!!

I'm drying it out and it'll work again. I'm trying to get my DIY co2 going againand the pH went from 7.6 to 6.0 in 3 hours. OOps. I used too much yeast. I poured out 1/2 the mix and I'm I'll try again. It's just that my water is like pH 7.6, and I want to get about 20 cardinal or neon tetras, and I need a more acidic pH to make them happy.

Batteries? That's the only thing I recycle. I throw all the rest of the plastic over into the alley and the trash pickers love me for it.

And also Boss.........Why don't you get a REAL Hummer like Arnold Swartsneger (sp?) owns? They're the real thing, and you could actually do some serious off roading in one.

Also........sorry Boss........I think commercial Hummers are the ugliest vehicles on the planet. Get a real millitary one if that's your kind of thing.

LOL!!! PK

gumbii

by gumbii

my honda was giving me -MPG at wide open throttle... 346hp to the wheels was alot of fun for my daily driven del sol...

but i hate hummers...

WTF IS THIS???

704 posts • Page 67 of 71