WTF IS THIS???

704 posts • Page 64 of 71

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

peterkarig

by peterkarig

Igant se cause the cat is p[laying with the computer screen again.

I'm so proud of myself for fixing my older cat's abcess. I had a syringe (with the needle taken off) and as I held her down I inserted the tip into the hole. I injected peroxide over and over till there was no more bubbles, then I squeezed it dry and filled the abcess with neosporin.

I thought I was going to have to spend all my $$$ with systemic antibiotics at the vet, or put her down, which I really didn't want to do.

Seems to be healing well.

Hi Gumbii!

peterkarig

by peterkarig

Hey. I can make outer space within a syringe by occluding the tip and drawing the plunger out. I think it's only 14 lbs / square inch needed to make a vacuum.

I think it's kind of cool, cause when you let go of the plunger it snaps back all the way to the bottom. If there were 2 little Gumbii's in there they wouldn't be able to hear each other talk.

LOL PK

peterkarig

by peterkarig

What happened to all the weirdows on this site like freshwaterpleco and that pedofile bear thing?

Gumbii just hasn't been here stirring things up enough I guess.

Other than the folks who get some help on this forum, who I love to do what I can for, it's gettin pretty slow.

Politics? Religon? Hypocracy! Kaneay Wets?(ain't that his name?) How about "happyslip"? (look her up on youtube) She's the most interesting thing I've seen in a while via the computer.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

PK...................i have to much going on right now to sit down and write a rant but i have 3 major subjects to rant about should anyone want to chime in ............lol

Big OIL
Big Medicine
and
Big Banking

the downfall to our world IMO
i gotta go to work to pay for all 3 now..........have a great day everyone
Boss

peterkarig

by peterkarig

But Boss!!!!!!! I neeeeeeeed you to pay my health insurance! LOL!

I had to drop mine after it got too expensive and because it wasn't paying for the expensive medication I need anyway.

Even when I had insurance it took 5 months to get the surgery for my broken knee, and to have had it break again (blown ACL) within a month of surgery was very hard. I tried to get a second surgery, but couldn't afford the co-pays for the MRI and other costs.

People don't like taxes, and I'm the same in that respect, but we need them for a balanced society to function. I don't like that most of the taxes go into the pockets of a few big companies like Bektell (sp?) and it's subsidieries when the public is led to believe that the money is going toward protecting us from terrorism and for rebuilding another country after we destroy it.

The war in Iraq was planned way before 911, and the Bush/Cheney administration dismissed Clinton's warnings about Binladin, and I truely believe they intentionally turned their heads the other way so the attacks could happen.

The attacks on 911 were the only way that the Bush administration was going to be able to get public support for going to war, squeeze our tax money out of us, and put it into the pockets of Bectell and it's subsidiaries. Cheney was CEO of Bectell before he became vice-pres, and there were no other companies allowed to help rebuild Iraq. They just pocketed most of the money anyway and didn't build a damned thing other than the width of their wallets.

As for public health insurance.,....... It'll help me, and it can't be any worse than what we have now for poor people who even do have health insurance.

This is supposed to be a Christian country in many right-wing peoples minds, but when it comes to helping the poor as Jesus says we should, Christianity goes out the window.

I propose that we eliminate like half of the 10 commandments. They're out of date, and Jesus didn't really have the capacity to understand these complex modern issues anyway.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

# #

O I been wounded for life

mro2you2

by mro2you2

# #

O Ive been wounded for life

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lmao PK............im actually for a public health ins program...........i myself am a small business owner and cant afford it so i dont have it to my wife's dismay.
as always i just ask for honesty and common sense from anyone and especially those in charge of billions of dollars....................

for example: my wonderful state govenor Paterson {asshole} sliped a little piece of legislation into a road rebuilding bill that got passed and every family on welfare in NY state {or most of them until it was caught} got a check for 200 dollars PER SCHOOL AGED CHILD for "school supplies" well - - - the way the news found out about it was there was a run at best buy, target and walmarts on flat screen tv sales.........................so these families with 5-6 kids on welfare were getting 1000-1200 bucks of NYstate taxpayer dollars and went out and bought nice TV's {now not all of them im sure, but enough to catch the news' eye}
and my school taxes went from 1300 to 2400 this year and i dont have a child in school anymore ???????????? sorry - - -something wrong with this picture

hows the knee bud, ive had meniscus replacement on the right knee twice in 25 yrs ...................not fun ......................i did have insurance then though....................lol

love ya man

Boss

peterkarig

by peterkarig

I hear you loud and clear Boss. That's a lot of money to be spending on school taxes. I'd be pissed too unless I was pretty rich. I dumped the most beautiful woman I've ever been with because she was dumb as a brick. I couldn't trust her and she valued all the wrong shit. Candy and soda were the main course in her kids diets, and the stupidity went on and on. She recieved $4,000 in her tax refund because she has 2 kids, and she spent $2,000 on spa treatments as soon as she got it. She was living on the floor of her sisters apt with no matresses for the kids, nothing. Now she's in a halfway house.

Van Nuys CA is just not my kind of place.

I plan to get my respiratory licence back, (all I need is 5 more continuing ed credits), and work in LA for about a year. Then I want to move back to Ithaca where there are educated people, national forest where you don't need a permit to park, or a year ahead reservation to camp, and where I can be close to my parents who are going to need me as they get older.

I get so upset at how screwed up this world is that it exausts me and I mostly turn off. That's why I'm getting into the medical world so I can focus on helping people who are in real trouble. I want to work in trauma, in the ER and the ICU's. If I focus on helping people who are on the edge of death I forget about all the other stupidness.

It'll be nice to eventually come up your way. Out on a boat, having a few beers, enjoying life.

I was worried about what I wrote last night as I'd had a few beers and a xanax on top of that and I kind of lost track of what happened.

I need to come back home to the east coast Boss!

PK

peterkarig

by peterkarig

Shit. I have the same old Sony TY I've had for the past 13 years, same fridge, same bike, same old truck with 200,000 miles on it, and I still love it. I don't get all this teenie tiny texting and crap on cell phones either. I guess I'm a bit behind with the way people network these days. Just be a human and use your voice. I've probably texed less than 10 times in my life. All I want is to have my son have a better life than me and to meet a hot (inteligent) and maybe Buddist Philipino nurse and build a home up in the Ithaca area.

Blah blah blah.

WTF IS THIS???

704 posts • Page 64 of 71