WTF IS THIS???

704 posts • Page 68 of 71

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HUMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL "WINK"

gumbii

by gumbii

cochina...

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

the lack of development in fossil fuel consumption (or what should be lack thereof) seems to revolve around a) job preservation. taking a closer look at that would essentially be a load of shit. Think if american auto makers were to corner the market on the H2O car. Too many people fear if the market was unsuccessful there would be too many jobs lost all around. I think thats insane. This sounds like more of an excuse for: b) the oil industry execs crying wolf on petrol shortages and squeezing every last penny out of every petrol consumer they can screw at any given time.
There are huge untapped oil reserves in several places on earth. One of the two here in the contiguous United States is incidentally not ''off-shore'' but actually deep inland in the dakota/montana area. This one is estimated to be much larger than anything being drawn from in the middle east. Of course I'm not advocating that anyone get right on digging this up..but it begs the question why no progress in either the eco-friendly OR domestic fossil fuel direction....?!

gumbii

by gumbii

they should send a fool over to the moon for three years straight digging up moon rocks so we can use for fuel...

man i want to watch that movie BAD!!!!!!!!!...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

TM hit a good point - - -we dont have the reserch and development for fear of loseing what we are comfortable with {big money from big oil}

i think we need to force the issue some how - - i mean look at the newspaper industry, yes since the onset of the internet traditional news has changed drastically, a lot of small papers are out of business BUT the ones who are flexible changed their companies around to function ina digital medium rather than a paper medium..................so at the end of the day, there is really nothing new under the sun, it just changes form and function - - -in this case we still get to know what the weather is, how many people were killed and what mrs smith is doing with her christmas cookies this year .....................and if they were able to change we're getting that information from the same people we got it from yesterday......

i said i voted for the other guy but i gotta give Obama credit for not being affraid to change things up................................maybe his changes won't do anything but at least they are something different., and they will enable people to look at a new problem instead of trying to fix the same ol bullshit ............can't say that about the last few guys

Boss

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

Awesome points all the way around, damn the man!!! make cars that run THC the at least then the output would just be happy people with the munchies!!! LOL all joking aside, the real issue should be environmental, the impact that these giant gas guzzling vehicles have the environment as a whole, not just the output of carbons, but also what it takes to get the mass quantities of fuel needed to keep these things on the go. The initial drilling, and digging, and deformation of the natural landscape as it has been for hundreds of thousands of years, just to tap a well into the pristine wilderness of lets say, Alaska, when bush opened the national parks to the drilling companies, with out heavy restrictions placed, and replacement initiatives the oil company just go in and strip away the vestiges of nature and create barren pockets, once the wells run drive they leave behind any equipment, and buildings that they don't deem worthy of taking on to the next site of destruction. no one really wants to live there, except the wildlife that have inhabited that location forever, and who are now displaced causing further issues, such as clashes with man, and overcrowding of areas that once were not by the various species. Its all a waterfall effect, and as they say in big business shit roles down hill, lets just hope we don't end up buried to our chins in it with out a shovel...

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

this one thread has 3x more post than you do lol

gumbii

by gumbii

and it's mostly all peter... lol...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Gumbii. Check your messages. PK

gumbii

by gumbii

k...