WTF IS THIS???

704 posts • Page 6 of 71

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

gumbii

by gumbii

i really can't tell if the fish is dead... usually when you take out a live fish the eyes look down for some insane odd reason... it doesn't make sense to me... it's crazy... i'll take another look... but if the fish is looking down it's alive... if it's looking straight, out into space, it's dead...

ThisFish884484

by ThisFish884484

I take my brooding females out to strip the fry. I hold them iin my hand and open their mouths so the fry fall out . Oh its so awful lol The fish was dead in the picture. and as long as the fish is kept on a wet surface and picked up with wet hands the slime coat will remain on the fish. Some fish can live out of water for a long time as long as they stay wet. Ive had fish in my cooler(while fishing) with ice and they seemed to live for hours on end. Now i club em so they dont tear my cooler up

gumbii

by gumbii

lol...

i do the same thing to my cichlids when i strip the females... but my severums i do harm them a bit... since they are larger fish i have to hold them by the tail upside down... they're freaken huge powerfull fish... so i grab her by the tail and dip her in and out of the bucket with her mouth open... i end up messing up thier tails and stripping a bit of the slime coat off the rear... i've been doing this for a long time now and i've never had a dead fish...

i have killed a couple of female goldfish/koifish by stripping thier eggs... but that was before i got used to doing it... oh well... you have to crack some eggs to make an egg sandwich...

but i've also transported some large LARGE koi fish in the trunk of my car... each one was wrapped by a very wet town inside alot of news paper... i couldn't find a ice chest or anything big enough... but they will live like that for a couple of days if they have too...

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

yo gumbii your a fag...

gumbii

by gumbii

well you could just F*ck off mike...

i'm in the business... i know they are my pets, but i treat them just like any other breeder would... i don't breed the severums anymore because i don't breed anymore "common" fish... i used to breed gorgeous goldfish and koi that would sometimes sell in the thousands of dollars range... that's why i didn't mind losing a $200 dollar fancy female when i was making hundreds of fancy fish with her genetics...

and i would like to know a better way of transporting a 4 foot koi fish from pond to pond if you know how... that reminds me... i just bought another two 3' koi and i'm bringing them home the same esact way as the other ones today...

stop looking at the negative side of things... stop being so ignorant and close minded... they're only fish... and if it wasn't for me and a couple of friends, the 4 different fish i am now breeding would be declared excinct... i'm doing alot greater things in the aquatic life of this planet than every body in this board... well... maybe the 2% that propagate corals...

keep your comments to yourself and go back to worry about your tiny planted tank stocked with tetras... and i'll worry about my thousand dollar koi, hundred dollar goldfish, 11 100 gallon tanks, my 40,000 gallons of outdoor ponds, and my extinct to the wild cichlids that you will never even have a chance to own...

snowboss

by snowboss

ut oh ......be right back gotta get some popcorn ...............................

snowboss

by snowboss

<<<<<<<<<<<{scatchin his head} - trying to figure out where "fag" fits into how Gumbii transports a fish ???????????? hehehehehe

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Whatever!

gumbii

by gumbii

lol...

i dunno where the insult came from... it's not like i transported him on a fishing line or in a bag of thumbtacks...

kjasdfj;sadjsdafjk;sadf;jlksdafjk;dsfjkdsfjkl;asj;djsfa;jsdaf...

i'm down for some smack talk or an argument... but there's not game or competition here for me... oh well...

zambize

by zambize

Gumbii said, "those psycho's at peta want us to stop feeding and breeding ALL domestic animals... including chickens, dogs, fish, corals, turtles, and ferrets... even if that means that they will go extincts in the process..."

Yes, even if they become extinct. That is natural, species become extinct. In fact, far more have become extinct due to the interference of humans rather than through natural means.

And as for PETA, I'd have to validate that article for myself before I address it.

Zambize

WTF IS THIS???

704 posts • Page 6 of 71