Dangerous Territory

33 posts • Page 1 of 4

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dawgtrain

Dangerous Territory

by dawgtrain

This tends to be a topic of dangerous territory. Who are you all voting for if at all? What party are you registered as?
I am an Independent
Voting for McCain / Palin

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

McCain did a lot for this country its true, but if you ask me I think he's already given America the best he had to offer.

I'm independent as well and leaning toward Obama/Biden. I tried giving Palin a chance but sometimes I think Tina Fey might make a better VP...lol That's even without taking into account all the negative media coverage...

Personally I think GW was handed a bunch of crap, and turned it into---a bunch of crap. I hear McCain saying, 'reform, reform, reform' but all I can really see is 4 more years of republican, republican, republican.

Might as well go with someone who the house majority can side with if you want reform.

Just my humble opinion.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I registerd as republican so I could vote in the primaries, but I have a pretty open view. This will be my first time voting and Im pretty excited, I just wish I had better options. My father is a democrat and my mother is a republican.....so both are trying to convince me to vote that side....its annoying. (btw they are divorced) I feel like the republicans would have been smarter to put in Mit Romney and I think the Democrats would have been better with Hillary. So needless to say.....I dont really like either of our canidates.......that being said im voting for the less evil.......as soon as I figure out who that is. They are both lying through there teeth, the only difference is one guys teeth are old and one guys teeth look like a supermodels. I think Obama has a good idea on the tax cut....notice I said Idea....its still has quite a few kinks in it, but its a great idea. I agree with mccain about the war in iraq and I think he would be a good descision maker under pressure. I dont care who you are.........after you hit lets say 55-60, if your going to do anything for this world........you have already done it. Unless your Ghandi. I am a free market kinda guy.....i think the government should get the hell out of my pocket. I donate to charities why do I need to give them money to give out too. I think taxes should just be a straight 10% for me for you for the CEO's for who ever. That sounds fair to me. For the CEO that makes a million a year......hes paying 100,000 a year in taxes for little ole me that makes 12,000 a year in college I have to pay 1200. Which is less than what im paying now...but very doable. Still not sure and election is in 6 days. hmmmmm.

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Ron Paul ftw! I realize there's no chance of him winning, but he's the only one I could cast my vote for, in all good conscience. I don't have much faith in either the Dems or the Republicans, and I'm not going to vote for someone I don't want in office.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i am a conservative that leans towards republican....and i tell you what boys and girls ......................im kinda scared about this election ................im not a doom and gloomer but i am so friggin depressed because i believe that the congress is the controlling entity here and politicians and main stream media keep us focussed on wether or not Obama puts his hand on his heart for the pledge and how much Palin spends on a dress while the congress makes finacial, military, insurance decisions right under our noses with no reports to us closer than the 4th or 5th page of a national news paper.........................but holy shit did you see the outfit Sarah was wearing????..............no ? well go get time magazine or something like that

what to do what to do ???????

The Snowboss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I agree Boss...its beggining to seem that the president is just there for show. The people we should really be worried about are the congressmen and women. I know you people have heard of corrine brown.......well shes from my town......and im ashamed.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well crap man Hilary is my friggin senator .............try living with that.............lol

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

ok well i am a registered republican...... but i hate what bush has done the last 8 years.... i am tired of him....
McCain..... well i like some of the ideas that he has. I understand the he is old yes. but honestly i do not think that age should not have that much to do with it..... people are living well beyond their years now days and i honestly believe that he would make it for another 4 - 8 years.... the problem is though the problems that we face today i think will take longer than 4 - 8 years to fix
i do not agree with obama's tax pan..... mind you it wont affect me at the moment because i dont make 250k a year but, hey what if one day i become extreamly successful and end up making that type of money or more......my wealth is my wealth do not re-distribute it. if you are going to do that why dont you re-distribute my debt while you are at it. .... or bail me out and i am not even asking for 700 billion not even 1 billion 60k would do me good.
i am sooooo pissed at our gov right now for all that bail out bs
i believe that if you make more money you should pay more in taxes. but dont tax the rich 60% and the poor 10% and the middle class somewhere in the middle.....10% across the board is the way to go i think. mind you there are some of thoes millionaires out there that did not have to work for there money it was given to them, but most of them worked hard for that money, just like i work hard for my money why should they be taxed any more than me???????

Obama and is whole gun control thing.....he is always says it is not about the hunters he will protect the hunters......i am a hunter. The second amendment is not about hunters. The second amendment is a check put in place, to help protect us Americans, number one against ourselves......i.e. being robbed and whatnot, and number two to put a check on the government..... checks and balances.... we learned about it in social studies and government in school.

And just because i dont support obama does not make me a racist......which is a way that alot of people are spinning it. It makes me mad that there are so many black/ African American people how ever the PC way to say it is, are voting for obama just because he is black too...... sure i know that sounds bad on my part but hey its is the truth and completely irresponsible. especially if they are not informed on the issues.

What if everyone out there who was over the age of 50 voted for McCain just because he is over 50 ........ or if all the white people voted for him because he was white?

I hate all the attack adds and all that whats the point of them seriously are we 12?
Bottom line i really do not support either. i lean more towards mcCain than obama. But 3 months ago i was leaning more towards obama then i started doing my own research. I dont like either of them to vote for either of them. so i am not going to vote for either of them.

snowboss

by snowboss

flat tax is the only resonable answer in my opinion .......10% is 10% for example.......25,000 = 2,500 and 250,000 = 25,000 if you don't want to pay 25K in taxes...don't make a quater mil then ...........and the lower incomes quit bitching that the rich only have to pay X amount........again 10% is 10% everyone shut the fuck up ....................lol

Boss

PS - - NAFTA needs to be abolished as well................big business should not be allowed to profiet off of child labor and substandard salarys

when Niki shoes moved to Mexico a pair or air's were 109 bucks.......guess what they were after the move........................109 bucks.....thats BS IMO..........if you want to exploit another countries labor force you should have to pay an import tax to us to make up for lost income here

on the other side of that coin, Unions should be disbanned as well.............you don't wanna go to work because you want more than 50 bucks an hour to push a button ????? what are you insane??? no wonder the companies left here ..............there are people out there that would be more than happy to push that button for a fair wage

THESE are the issues that have gotten us where we are......not the blowjob bill got, not the outfit sarah bought, not the war that congress tied Bush's hands over....those are ALL simptoms of the underlying problem of greed and corruptness in the business world

well i've said enough to assasinated myself so i'll leave it at that...................good luck to us all

Boss
Last edited by snowboss on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

ha ......

Dangerous Territory

33 posts • Page 1 of 4