Dangerous Territory

33 posts • Page 3 of 4

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

you sound like a good guy man...............to bad there aren't more people like that............getting up every morning and going to work to get something i want makes it all worth while....................and all people are like that, thats the reason welfare is such a failure, the people that get into the system and stay there are always looking for the next handout or benifiet becasue they are never satisfied with anything because they didn't earn it .....................it's just natural

when you look at your tank and everything about it ....you did ....it makes it so much more valuable....................now if someone just handed it to you..........you'd get tired of it, or not take care of it and move on to the next thing

people have come and gone in here that had tanks handed to em............their no longer in here because they either got tired of the "free" hobby or didn't want to work at it or what ever

but those that earn it ...........wow, so impressive, young kids, workin their asses off to get a skimmer or a light ..............i have so much respect for them, and they will be great contributors to society i the long run , all because of a fish tank???? no ..............but the concepts they are learning, to work hard, do the right thing, help others, learn from mistakes etc etc etc ...................... thats what good people are made of

i wonder if Obama or McCain have had aquariums?????

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Trust me, being a customer service rep for Kohls has really opened my eyes to things. I had a guy come into my work and ask if we were hiring...I told him yes and asked him about his avalibilty.....so he said well.....I dont have a job right now im on welfare but I could work from 8-12 monday through friday......... Im like ohh okay well im sorry to hear that you on welfare......is that the only availbilty you have? And he was like well yeah......I have some shows that I like to watch everyday.........and I dont work weekends. This guy was probably 40-45 years old. So I told him he could work on our truck team if he did well in the interview. Our trucks are from 6-11 in the morning. and I shit you not........he said........well thats to early.......ARE YOU SEARIOUS. I was like well sir.....why are you looking for a job? and he was like...........well im not sure if im going to keep getting my welfare or not.....so I have to look. So he comes back a week later......and he said Oh I was approved for my welfare.....so he tells me that and says........never mind about the job application, I dont need one now. WTH!!!!!!!!! I agree boss.......when you work for something.......it makes it that much more worth it. Hmm I doubt either of them have had a tank. haha. Maybe though....who knows. I do know that im kinda getting mad at this whole election. They keep finding stuff out about Obama.......all these associations.....do we really not know more about our canidates for president by now. Its somewhat ridiculous that we are still finding out about this stuff. His ties with now 7 extremists/terrorists supporters. What the crap. Im not really sure about all this. Everything just seems shady on both sides.....and I dont like it. I want someone to run for president like us....a normal guy. or girl. someone that knows what they are talking about but at the same time is living in the real world.

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

Wow !! good topic I think? THE BOSS SAID .... "These are the issues that have gotten us where we are......not the blowjob bill got, not the outfit sarah bought, not the war that congress tied Bush's hands over....those are ALL simptoms of the underlying problem of greed and corruptness in the business world "
AND I COULD NOT AGREE MORE. I will absolutly NOT vote for OBAMA there is nothing to trust about it. I wish more would do their homework and listen to the talk instead of getting brainwashed like his reverend did to him for 20 years. GOD help this country !!! politics is nasty. I also live in NY and its NUTS with taxes. Hillary needs to do something ha !!! Our gas prices in the county I live in are the highest around WHY? I want our counrty safe I think McCain is the answer for that! and Sarah Palin knows what it is to be american and go get what you need . She speaks for half the counrty with all that her family is, special needs children and unwed babies. She is strong !! As so is McCain they are my pick !! Either way GO OUT AND VOTE !

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

Hmmmmm I have found that fish people ....aquarium folk are very good people ....we were all created and grew in water...lol right? everyone is drwn to water someway or another.....at least by shower or bathing right? I love my fish hobby or whatever you call this way of being.... : )

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

very good Dawg.........................

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

what is this showering or bathing thing you speak of? lol we dont do that here in the fish forum. lmao. bahahahahaha j/k.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Man i remember when I was little my dad would take me snorkeling off the reefs in the keys. I was snorkeling over reef at the age of 7. I think everyone here has somewhat of a connection to the water one way or another emotionally or as they grew up. My dream is to work and live a good life.....have kids and grandkids....and make sure that my whole family appreciates the water, fresh or salt.......because both are truely amazing. Thats why I love Florida soo much.....its the fishing capital of the world.....we have bass.......bonefish.......game fish....tarpon and every other fish you can think of. Down here having a boat is like having a second car....its almost necessary. I grew up here in Jacksonville......and I grew up going to St. Augustine and skipping rocks. Theres a cove in the Florida keys........milemarker 173......There is a rope swing that my brothers and I put up one year.....and its still there.......its been there for 9 years. ( I think someone replaced it by the way. But we camped there one time......and a family of dolphins nursed in that cove...and they would swim right up to you and let you touch them.....I agree with you guys........aquarium people are cool.......and all of us have a connection.

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

I thought Japan was the fishing capital of the world...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

It highlights quality fisheries throughout Florida that comprise more than 7,700 lakes, 10,550 miles of rivers and 2,276 miles of tidal shoreline.

http://www.fishingcapital.com/

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

I Love florida !! we go to Naples often and orlando ect...I have been to key west and that is awesome too. Love to be surrounded by the water and I love sealife as well !

Dangerous Territory

33 posts • Page 3 of 4