Dangerous Territory

33 posts • Page 2 of 4

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

wait when did you put that edit in boss.....you confused the hell outt me thought i was seeing things.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss.......I agree. Flat tax would not only be easier.....but it would make since. thats fair......I dont mind paying 10% flat every year. I dont think the rescue bill should have been passed either. these CEO's are getting severence pay of millions to LEAVE THE COMPANY. WHAT THE CRAP. you could pay me ten grand and I would leave my job. but some of these CEO's are getting 100+ million to leave.....WTF. Rescue bill is a crock of shi@

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

and the thing is is that it didnt even work.... the credit market is still frozen the banks that got the money are still not lending to other banks.......

fihsboy

by fihsboy

There are a few major aspects here....one major aspect is Americans spend more than they make...Our savings percentage is around 1% now, only because we just hit rock bottom and everyone got scared. it was in the negative a few months ago. We dont invest in our own companies.........other countries do. We should invest in our own businesses. I invest 10% of my pay check to my company every week. I have a 401k set up and my company matches it. (yes im 19) Theres a big picture here.......and most of us our just worried about ourselves. I have tried to start buying US products instead of products from China, Indonesia, Malasia, and vietnam. Its kinda hard though. If you brought the one industry that America was raised on (steel) this country would be 10x better. All we offer are services.....banking.....marketing.......management....retail....we need to offer a solid tangible product. something you can trade for. One day the other countries are going to say........well hell.......I could figure out how to bank here...screw the US. And we are going to be screwed.

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Anyone ever heard of the Fair Tax initiative? It's basically that the only tax would be sales tax... granted, it would be a lot more sales tax than you pay now, BUT you keep ALL your income, and you pay taxes based on what you can afford to buy anyway. So those who have more money to spend are paying more taxes, and those who don't just pay a little.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

hmmmmm....sounds good.....but how would it affect the economy....that would make me want to buy less...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm, i've never heard of it but i like it.......as far as booting the economy, i think it would be great, because you are exacly right fishboy you would want to buy less {now stay with me for a moment, lol} the major difference would be you would only buy what you need, what you want or what you can afford................todays businesses live on paper, credit markets and money that isn't really there {hence the mess we are in right now} if people bought when they needed with real dollars, the value of those dollars would 100% {not the 23% they are worth now} - - -so in reality i think this tax system would eventually boot the economy into a major posative ....................and would weed out all this over inflated not real money that we are all stressing about losing now

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

The only problem that I see with it is......no one would vote it in. All these officials are out there to make money....and if the people dont get why they voted for something.......and disagree because of ignorance.....than they dont vote for that person again. And you cant explain your way out of something like that. I think it could probably help, but it makes me sad.....my whole fish tank would be non existent. haha. I wouldnt be able to afford it. I think if you were to tax this way.......tax evation would be a lot easier, which could be a reason its not in affect now. Weeding out the bad money would lead to a crash........wouldnt it? I mean in all honesty......theres a LOT of bad money. haha. Our governent is in trillions of dollars of debt.....I dont want to pay more taxes...and sounds weird but I dont really want to pay a lot less either. I want to do my part in keeping our country stable and sound........but at the same time.......I dont want them pissing away my money to bail out CEO's that made bad descisions. They arent going to bail me out if my business fails....Its part of the business cycle........corruption makes a business fail and so do bad descisions. I like the idea of the higher tax on products and no income tax....But if it was taken to the extreme........you would see unemployment rates skyrocket....I work at kohls........and everyone that shops there goes there because you can get a decent button up collard shirt for a man......around 20 bucks....if you get clearence 5 bucks. if you put a 25% tax on the 20 dollar shirt.....your looking at 24 bucks. still not bad....but I think it would discourage buying soo much.....that it would have a negative affect.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i see what your saying and it make s some sense, but remember this week when you pay that extra 4 bucks for a shirt that you cashed a paycheck that was all gross wages ............so in reality the 4 bucks is cheap ........ and although i agree with it in theory remember i am a business owner and i would be one of the ones to have to collect that extra 25% and pay it to the government, so my business in the beginning would suffer im sure, but i still think it would level out - - -i still like the flat tax

BUT.........as you stated, it'll never happen because we are to busy bailing out CEO's that ran there companies into the ground, how sick is it that this nation has become a place where the worse you screw up the more you are eligable for reward and assistance ..................don't even get me started on the self consuming machine we know as welfare...............lol

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

HA. yeah i know. I think the unemployment checks are good.........but welfare is a bit much. Its not hard to (look for a job) or say your looking for a job. My moms boy friend worked at at grocery store here in town for 28 years, he lost his job due to politics and in the market we are in.........he couldnt find a job. So he soaked up unemployment for a good 8 months........but no one would hire him.........it wasnt really his problem. He was truely trying. But some people take advantage of that.....and just sit on there ass to get paid. Thats annoying! I hate lazyness. I dont like it when people are leaches off the rest of us busting our ass. Which is why I dont like the whole redistribute the wealth thing Obama keeps saying. I dont make much.......so i would get a break.....but I still dont want him to take money away from someone to give to me..........im not a loner. I have a job.......i work for my money.........and i spend it how I want to. I dont need charity, I bust my ass for a reason.

Dangerous Territory

33 posts • Page 2 of 4