What kind of set up should I get for my office?

56 posts • Page 5 of 6

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

um i owned a del sol - - -you can cover it up , paint it , change it, trick it, slam it bump it all you want .....................at the end of the day....................theres a honda civic in the driveway, LMAO

sorry Gum, couldn't resist..................every car guy has to give shit to the next car guy.............if it makes you feel any better - - -i got my ass handed to me at an autocross by a ford pinto..............................lol .................i wasn't allowed to speak at the next 3 PCA meetings...LMAO

I loved my delsol - - -the ex wife kept that too, it wasn't a vtec but i did have some fat ass 18's with P3 rubber and a full cat back with a mild chip single stage NOS with a 40lb cryo sprayer........it was a fun little pocket rocket, but still prolly only in the 120-130 horse range

Boss

gumbii

by gumbii

fail...

i had 15" rota slipstreams with some sticky bfgoodrich rubbers... when i got my sol it was a S fully stock... dude... i even ping-shotted my tranny gears... man i was all into that shit...

did you join team sol..? i'm member 1452 or something... i still have my decals on my bucket...

lightsluvr

by lightsluvr

I agree with d. headers. I can't see paying a premium for Red Sea.

Since we are off topic on this automobile thread, maybe the original poster can start a new thread about nano tanks.

LL

newbie916

by newbie916

You guys crack me up:) Thanks for the info on the Red Sea and Bio Cube I'll look into both.

What I like about this forum is that everyone comes from all walks of life, but have a common interest. I don't look down at people for how much money they make or do I think that I'm better because of the income and material things that I possess. I grew up with money because my Dad is a anesthesiologist and provided a great lifestyle for our family. I had Porches, BMW's, Lexus's, and didn't have to worry about food or clothing. They taught me to respect all people, no matter their social class, race, gender, etc. I agree with Schigara about finding something that you are passionate about because life is too short. If someone wants to be a astronomer or astronaut, that's cool with me. Shit, I graduated 4th in my class with a 3.9 GPA with my Bacheleors in Criminal Justice six years ago and was planning to go to law school or join the FBI, but life happens and I lost a few close family members to cancer. I managed a dental office, while I was studying for the LSAT. I was really unhappy with the large corporation that I was working for because they treated people like numbers and I ended up quiting my job to help take care of my Aunt who was suffering from terminal lymphoma at the time. That's how I found my career with New York Life Insurance and I love what I do because I help my clients plan for retirement and the future, but I know that no matter what happens there plan will complete. It's very important to find your purpose in life and I never thought that I would be educating dentists, physicians, and business owners on how to invest for their future. Many of my clients have become very close friends and they take me out to the track in their new Porches, BMW's, Maserati's, Audi's, etc., but what it really comes down to is the character of the people and not the income they make. They have entrusted me with not only their future, but to do the right thing for their families if anything should happen to them. That kind of responsibility gets pretty stressful and I'm not sure what my hourly wage is because I make between $10k-$40k a month and I work 8-16 hrs a day, but that's not why I do what I do. I had made a promise to my Aunt on her death bed that I would take care of my family and help as many people as I can and leave this world a better place. Reefing offers me a get away and I could focus on something rather than work and the responsibilities that have been placed upon me. I have been truly blessed in my life and I have dedicated my life to helping others. Try not to bag on the college kid too much because $25 an hr is excellent for a college job. As long as your able to feed yourself and your family and your happy with what you do, that's all that really matters. Who knows he may win a Nobel prize on the correlation between the stars and the oceans ecosystem and come up with a solution to solve global warming.(or what ever) Anyways, you guys have been a great help and it's pretty cool getting to know a little more about you guys. I will keep you updated and I should be getting my new office no later than Oct.

Thx,
newbie916

gumbii

by gumbii

that's down newb...

but the only thing i look down on you is that you lack the skill to type in paragraphs... lol...

and yeah... that's why i love forums... it's a bunch of people that become friends and like you said... we all come from all walks of life... i grew up poor as hell... but i came thru... after i dropped out of high school i started working quick... i had an assload of different jobs... from professional body piercing, to mechanic, to armed security officer, to light grip and now i run two small companies... i still grip part time... it's alot of fun, and the money is great... i buy whatever i want... but it doesn't mean i spend a ton of cash on unnecessary crap...

like my latest tank was alot of DIY building on my part... not because i don't have the cash, but because i wanted to do it all myself... i could say that i built the canopy and wired it up and plumbed it all up myself... that's freaken bad ass...

anyways newbie... confagulations on your success and that's a pretty cool thing you are doing... i respect your judgement and life decisions to the fullest...

newbie916

by newbie916

Hey Gumbii,

So you were a security guard. Do you still shoot? My main hobby before I started spending a ton of money on my aquariums was tactical shoots. I worked at the local shooting range during college and did firearms instruction. I still shoot about every other week.

I will start typing in paragraphs, fortunately for me I don't have to type a lot of letters in my job. That's cool that most of you guys could put your own stuff together. I don't have the time nor the skill to build my own stuff. My brain doesn't work that way:) I'm not made of money or do I like wasting it, but my saying is to buy it right the first time and take care of it and have it forever. Some of the most successful business owners I work with dropped out of high school and started their own businesses. Many of them make as much or more than the doctors I work with. If you have the passion for hard work and the balls to start a new company, that's what usually leads to success. Not only financial, but the satisfaction of being your own boss and not having to answer to politics. I think college is often overrated unless you are planning to go to professional school. Shit, I don't use my college degree. However, it taught me to manage my schedule and set goals and how to measure those goals. That's about it. My diploma sits in my gun safe and the only time I used it was for my job resume. Anyways, thanks for all of the help.

gumbii

by gumbii

i still shoot from time to time... but when i got locked up, i had to get rid of all of my firearms... but i had my collection of desert eagles at one time... now i can't get caught near a gun, or else it will be my third strike...

newbie916

by newbie916

We definitely come from all walks of life:) I worked at the US Marshals and DOJ in college and I used to be in their warrants division. DE's are pretty cool guns, but a little too big for my hand size. I prefer Kimber and Les Baer 1911 .45's, Glocks, HK's, and Sigs myself. I used to teach cops how to shoot, so they could qualify to carry off duty. Anyways, stay out of trouble, I would hate to be talking to you when your serving 25 to life. ha ha.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

I came to US 9 years ago. I was 26 years old. I had a suitcase and 958.00 dollars ( i'm very good with numbers:-) in my pocket. No friends, no relatives. I worked 15 different Countries in my life. When I came to US I hardly couldn't say an English word. I picked up everything from the news, street, and entertainment. If I'd have a 2nd chance I don't know if I'd do it again.
Man, I met so many cultures in my life, I forgot mine along the way..:-)

newbie916

by newbie916

My grandpa came here from China when he was 16 all alone and didn't know a word of English either. He never saw his family again and it was definitely a different time back then. He built his own shoe shop in downtown Sac and raised a family of 8. I have the utmost respect for those who come here for a better life and are willing to sacrifice themselves for a better life for their family. It's very hard to assimilate into a different culture and be able to keep your own. I'm a 3rd generation Chinese American and I don't speak a lick of Chinese. I wish my parents taught me a little. I guess you would call me a twinkie.(Yellow on the outside and white in the middle) ha ha. I don't know if I could do what you or my grandparents and great grandparents did and pack up in search of something better. I will never know because I never had to escape a communist gov't. Anyways, it's great getting to know a little more about you.

What kind of set up should I get for my office?

56 posts • Page 5 of 6