What kind of set up should I get for my office?

56 posts • Page 4 of 6

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

schigara

by schigara

Well Gumbii, I was about 12 years old and all those photos were lost in a fire, or soon will be. heh

gumbii

by gumbii

lol... on a good day, i make 45 bucks an hour... but average 32... fail...

damn schigara... you were tweelve..?

wheren't they real cowboys around when you were tweelve...????

schigara

by schigara

heh, actually when I was 10 or so(34 now), we were living in Corpus Christi Texas and building pole frame, steel buildings in west Texas and, out there, there were actually real live cowboys.

On my best days, I set up and admin'd networks for various law firms, cpa's, etc in Atlanta at $85 per hour but only to pay for my automotive obsession. I hated that indoor kind of work and have since gone back to my love and just do Auto restoration, paint and the occasional repair job. Pay is less but I love grease, sanding dust and the smell of laying down a sweet PPG 2021 clear coat. I love cutting and buffing.

gumbii

by gumbii

lol... i'm also a car nut... when the import scene broke thru, i had a freaken fast del sol...

at it's top it had a tuned h23a1 vtec boosted to 22 lbs of boost... i had an M2B4 transmission with a bad ass action 5 puct clutch and an aggressive pressure plate...

everything was done up from the fuel system, ignition, ecu, eeprom, and the best two stage launch controller... the suspension was all eibach and suspension techniques and gave me .9 lateral g's in the 60'... i had 420WHP and hit the 1320 at 10.2 passes... i loved my car...

then i got my liscense taken away for street racing, and now my car is just sitting there... i sold the engine and most suspension parts... damn... i hate it... it's right outside my door all beat up and paint faded... i really want to start working on it again...

sigh...

damnit schigara... you got me all depressed now... lol...

but i'm happy with my 04 tahoe with tv's, sounds, and 24's... i hate the gas milage it gives me but it's BALLA!!!... lol...

schigara

by schigara

I hate honda's but at least yours is a mid/rear drive honda....heh...just messin. Those are some impressive numbers. Shit dude, jump back in and build her back up!

I have been relegated to driving a slow ass automatic 91 RX7 vert cause all my time goes into other peoples cars and I have no time to finish my own. Oh, mileage on a RX7 isn't much better than your Tahoe. Small car but the rotary sucks some gas.

If ya get a chance, check out my TR7 project and one of my customers cars. http://www.geocities.com/drcunlimited/T ... /Intro.htm
http://www.schigara.smugmug.com/gallery ... 6922_sfGt9

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

real quick on the original topic, lol.............. i think a cylinder with a nice custom stand would be very artistic in an office situation - - maybe some live rock and a nice large volitan lion - - -keep the stock load low and the water volume up - - -rememeber - - - -weekends , holidays, vacations will mean no one there or someboby other than you touchin your tank.............just my 2 cents...........

Gumbii - - - i pulled .75 on the 60' in my last 944 N/A - - -and that was reasonably modded - - -so much respect doin a 9 with a front drive honda

i autocrossed my Porsches for few years [ been through 5 over the years, older ones of course] but never bumped HP numbers like your rig - - - although my baby {which i had to sell, due to divorce number two} was a 1989 928 S4, with mustang bluetop injectors, S4GT exsaust and intake off a 93 S4GT - - -eibach coilovers {of course, lol} 4 speed tiptronic - -5.0ltr aluminum block V-8, right at 400 hp, ..................

had it clocked at 165 on an airstrip once - -wasn't a mustang, vette, viper or many other Porsches around that would touch BG3 {"Baby girl 3"} i even hung with a GT-4 for about 1/2 mile before he pulled me, but not by much, he was mad as hell ......lmao

lol my tags said "WELYEAH"

man now im depressed too...........i miss that car

Snowboss

lightsluvr

by lightsluvr

If you want a reef tank, I recommend the Oceanic 29G Biocube. Dump the Bio-balls and put an Oceanic protein skimmer in the center chamber of the filter. You won't be able to grow SPS under the CF lights, but zoanthids, palys, etc do nicely. We had one as our first seahorse tank. The tank runs less than $300 and the stand is maybe another $150 MOL. I also recommend a Koralia nano-powerhead for additional water movement - cuts down hair algae and diatom growth.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff12 ... de1226.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff12 ... be1226.jpg
(The plastic plants were hitching posts for the horses)

You can upgrade the lights later, should you choose. There are all types of light upgrades out there for nano tanks. It is a quiet, professional looking installation...

JMHO, based on experience...

LL

gumbii

by gumbii

snow... first of all... it's a del sol... lol...

no but srsly... i had some bomb ass tires, dropped to the floor, and my entire chassis was spot welded... i also had a riggid custom roll cage that went thru the back window to the trunk... the suspension was completely done up... billet everything and polyeurethane bushings all around... i was going to come out on honda tuning for thier del sol issue, but my car didn't have a fancy paint job... they gave it to my friend rose blood instead... which is cool... he's also from team sol...

i'm thinking about redoing it all again... but i don't have time to spend that much cash on my bucket...

lightsluvr

by lightsluvr

This forum needs a "lounge" or something for OT.

Oh my bad...it already has one...

:-)

Sorry newb.

LL

dick_headers

by dick_headers

The Biocube( complete with skimmer and stand) half the price of the Red Sea Max. About a month ago I saw both in the same store, right beside each other. Red Sea 34 G: 952.00, Biocube 29G : 478.00.The Red sea is 5 Gallons bigger than the Biocube (34-29). I don't really know why is Red Sea so expensive? It has to be the brand. I honestly liked the Biocube better.

For hard working low class guys like myself-13.65/Hr- stiil have to save for a few month before
even thinking about to buying a set up like this.

I am very happy with my All Glass 10G anyways...

What kind of set up should I get for my office?

56 posts • Page 4 of 6