getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 8 of 8

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Like-I-said-before......I-think-the-most-important-think-parents-can-do,-gay-or-straight,-is-to-work-together-constructivly.....Then-the-kids-will-be-able-to-work-well-with-someone-when-they-get-older.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Last edited by Sumthing_Fishy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Last edited by Sumthing_Fishy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I've-known-for-a-long-time-that-it-doesn't-take-money-to-be-a-good-parent......We'll-have-a-great-time-when-he's-here-regardless-of-how-much-money-I-have.......My-mother-lives-near-me-in-LA-and-she-hasn't-spent-more-than-a-few-hours-with-him-alone-in-the-8-years-he's-been-alive,-and-that-was-when-I-went-out-to-do-a-massage.....She-missed-the-chance-to-see-through-the-eyes-of-a-child-again......She-didn't-raise-me,-my-dad-and-stepmother-did,-but-I-saw-a-great-opportuity-for-her-that-she-blew-off.....My-son-is-bringing-his-fishing-pole,-he-and-I-have-bikes-here,-and-he-was-just-getting-the-hang-of-body-surfing-last-summer-and-I-look-forward-do-doing-quite-a-bit-this-summer.

It-was-so-much-fun-for-me-to-teach-him-how-to-duck-under-big-waves-so-we-didn't-get-tumbled.....I-told-him-to-hold-his-breath-and-with-me-holding-him-we'd-dunk-under....That's-trust.

I-grew-up-with-most-of-my-intimacy-being-with-cats.....My-dad-and-stepmom-never-touched-me......That's-why-I-chose-to-do-massage-for-many-years-because-touching-another-person-was-somthing-I-really-needed-and-didn't-get......I-think-many-parents-could-use-a-little-animal-instinct.....My-cat-doesn't-jump-on-the-trainset,-or-the-kitchen-counters-even-when-I'm-not-at-home....She-gets-tones-of-petting,-grooming,-and-I-even-lick-her-face-and-nibble-on-her-ears-and-purr-with-her....The-other-side-of-that-is-my-fierce-pack-leader-attitude......I-use-the-carrot-and-the-stick,-and-since-the-carrot-has-been-so-successful-I-never-need-to-use-the-metaphorical-stick-for-my-cat-or-my-son......I-don't-even-have-a-punishment-for-my-son,-have-never-spanked-him,-and-don't-have-a-time-out-policy-because-I-don't-need-it-with-him....He-trusts-me-and-I-trust-him-and-it's-a-blessing-to-have-such-a-great-kid.

getting to know you all

79 posts • Page 8 of 8