What is next on your wish list or next big project

32 posts • Page 1 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

amadeo

by amadeo

Boss got me thinking on peoples next big project - short term or long term - or wish list or possibly a new fish you just have to get . As for my self as im only just starting with a new tank i have many things .

1- the most important think is getting a new canister filteration system 200 $ (this month ) aquael of course ( i should be getting free stuff from them with all the advertising im giving with two intakes and two outlets )and you can place a uv light in it , its good for 400 gallons and that would keep me safe for next year when i will double the tank size .
2- an aquarium chiller 800 $( next month ) .
3- new lights i found a hang light system for 600 $( in 2 months ).
4- " i need to rob a bank "

ill get the names of everything and specs when i next visit my one favorite sw fish shop . it only sells brand names . but first thing i am going to do is a gradual water change on RO water ." boss your the best" . lets hear from everyone . lets see what people are dreaming of .

schigara

by schigara

The next 2 projects are primarily to add more stability for the SPS coral.

1. I am going to get a peristaltic pump for the kalkwasser dosing. I have a gravity feed for kalk right now and have to guesstimate the drips per second.

2. Set up an automatic water change system to change about 1.5 gallons per day. I have been doing a 10 gallon per week water change and even though the makeup water is matched perfectly for Sg, temp, PH, calcium and alk, there is still a noticeable difference in polyp extension for about 24 hours on certain SPS corals such as Pocillipora, Seriatapora and a few Acropora.

amadeo

by amadeo

i love your second idea an automatic water change for my tank, i guess some one has to have a sump for that . :( so many benefits for sumps .

kalkwasser : do i have to have a sump for that as well . actually i need to read on that subject, i hear the word everywhere, something to do with calcium . so many things. . so many things. and i dont know anything.

schigara

by schigara

amadeo

by amadeo

thanx

snowboss

by snowboss

well ive dreamed out loud in here enough im sure everyone knows the next three projects in the Bosses life {fish wise anyway} but heres a thumbnail........1.building a new house in the next month..............2.) 65 gallon reef display in the wall in the new living room with a tank room behind it, RO on tap....drain in the floor for spills and and enough outlets to make an electrician have an epileptic fit..........

3.) down in the new basement will be a custom built plywood display 1/2 reef 1/2 FO.......30 inches tall 8 feet wide and 3 feet deep...i think it worked out to like 448 gallons....{note: the reason the big tank is going in the basement is because it will weigh in at 5200 lbs total when complete} the wife didn't want that on the second floor at all ...LMAO........all DIY equipment...this will be the experimental tank....from filtration to lights to skimmers and top off systems.......and now i'm sketching the auto water change system {a tank room behind it as well}....credit for labor and help not done yet go to Serial32 {cause he lives in my house, and thats cheap labor, lol} and the saltwaterpimp........on whom I blame this whole addiction .....HAHAHAHAHA

Snowboss

dick_headers

by dick_headers

corals..more corals..xenias,corallimorphs..I want them all.. My next project is adding.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

hey there DH...been awhile ...you been on vacation????..lol good to see ya out and about...Boss

dick_headers

by dick_headers

I have a 2 weeks old little daughter, Claire Evelyn. Precious as can be.. Keep us well entertained.. Good to hear from you guys..

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

OMG thats right !!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS POPPA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy needs to buy lil Claire a "baby Nano" tank...git-r-started right . . . let her teeth on liverock....lol ....MANY MANY blessings to you and your my friend..... Snowboss

32 posts • Page 1 of 4