What is next on your wish list or next big project

32 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ok heres cheap ol Snowboss thinkin again {usually not a good thing lol }

1. a cheap low volume pump 100 gph would be more than enough - {30-40 bucks}
2. new transmission oil cooler from autozone {75 bucks}
3. compact fan from walmart {10 bucks}
4. 3/8 - 1/2 inch tubeing {minimal cost}

pump water out of the tank through the tranny cooler back to the tank...with the fan blowing on the cooler

basically a red-neck water chiller ...lol

now my concerns off the top of my head would be that the cooler is aluminum and what is salt water going to do to that and what could end up in the tank???

LOL a person could also buy one of those "bar refridgerators" at lowes or something .....i saw a really small one for 70 bucks once ....drill a couple holes in the side - - -use the same pump and tubeing as above only use about 25 feet of tubing and leave a bunch of it coiled up in the fridge ..........abracadabra........chiller that you can keep you beer in !!!!!!! you can adjust the temp with the fridge or with the amount of coils you have inside [more time in the fridges to get through the coils] or even with the flow of water, the slower it pumps the cooler it becomes {as it's in there longer}

wow ...now thats red neck...lol but at 120 bucks it kicks a chiller in the ass....and now you have someplace to keep fresh food for the fishies and you can put you top off system or something on it

amadeo

by amadeo

snowboss i think your amazing . the idea of the fan without all the redneck stuff...lol...would be so great i think it will even keep water moving a bit . and i always wanted to keep the tank open but i was afraid in the future when i do buy fish i would find most of them out side... the tank is prettier open . but once i had a fresh water eel . this was before my saltwater rip grave tank, and in the morning i found it out side the tank . it was so sad and scary those eels out side the tank look realy freaky , and i know when fish get excited they jump some time realy high ...but still i think i will scratch the chiller for now until next month or even the month after when i do get fishes and go with just the fan . boss your superman

as for the RO water what do you think of the video and his set up . it looks sick .but really complicated. i have to look more into it.

schigara cool name by the way . what the hell does it mean ... can the kalkwasser drip directly into the tank or do i need a sump . because i will never own a sump to messy for my taste.

dick headers also a very funny name now that i think of it dick headers ...lol...i dont want to ask what it means . i laughed so hard at work reading your reply . i can totaly relate . the chilin baby chillen . damn . so true my tank is empty and i just stare at it at times...dreaming of when everything is inside and everything . EVERYTHING depends on me for their survival its really such a responsibility . but such a pleasure all the same...

heres how it will all turn out ...
1- i smoke 2 cigs
2- come sallary day hopefully on the 28th at 8:00 pm ill go the LFS ( thks boss for the abbreviation ) its open till 10:30
3-ill get . the filter . the pimp light system .
4- ill go home look into my wallet good i have a months patrol money ( the last that would be left of my salary
5 - hook everything up .
6 - get a picture of everything .
7- next day
8- take out all the gravel from the tank
9- put in the ro water
10 - place the live rock
11-take a pic and look at the take for 1 hour and a half
12- go to sleep
13 - wait till next month to add the chiller

damn im so in love with this hobby right now .

snowboss

by snowboss

Jeez man....I am thankful for all the props but truth be known I am one of the least expierienced on here...lol....I just like to talk....so I will stress once again ALWAYS check any advice I give with other enthusiasts...I would have to commit harry carry if i damaged someones tank with something I said..............

That being said I do my utmost best to not give advise on anything i haven't at least researched and read.....thank god for the internet....I'd have to buy a truck and dedicate it to library runs if we didn't have this tool....lol - - other than that I pass on my own expieriences and the expieriences of others....if you want to talk to someone that has his sh*t wired tight IMO {and not taking from anyone else at all} get ahold of thesaltwaterpimp....he has an uncanny way of stateing things simply and so they make complete sense {which is a HUGE plus for a simplton like me, hahahaha}....and he has the tank to back it up

But thank you again...I am truly humbled, Snowboss

schigara

by schigara

Amadeo,

You can drip Kalkwasser(limewater) directly in the tank but it must be in an area of high flow. Kalk has a PH of 12.4 so you don't want it pooling in an area of the tank that is a dead spot.

The name Schigara is actually a purposeful mispelling. Back in 1995 when I first started on the internet, I got really tired of usernames on sites and email accounts already being taken and didn't want that group of numbers after a username so I made one up and in the past 13 years I have yet to find it already in use.

The correct spelling is Scighera and it was a prototype supercar designed by an Italian styling house named Italdesign back in 1997 and was powered by a 400HP Alfa Romeo V6.

Production never happened but I always liked the look of the car and the name.

http://cartype.com/page.cfm?id=884&alph=ALL&dec=ALL

I never thought about it before but you are actually the first person in 13 years to ask what the name is.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

cars cars cars ......here we go........lol my other passion.......cool looking prototype ....ive been a Vector fan for years ....they produced them for a few years but not very many

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

spring has sprung thats for sure..i have to make that paper for the next project. i will be back on the forum soon..working.working..working..but thats life.150 lbs of live rock dont buy itself..take care to all...
swp

schigara

by schigara

Snowboss, yeah buddy.....cars and bikes are my first passion and I loved all the Vectors. Awesome cars!!

Check out a couple of my ongoing projects.

http://www.schigara.smugmug.com/

http://www.geocities.com/drcunlimited/T ... /Intro.htm

amadeo

by amadeo

schigara very original and diverse, cars to fish tanks, my number one car my dream car is the AC COBRA shelby damn it. now thats a car , my dream is to one day make the car roar.its on my lifes list things i must do . is to one day drive one. not the replicas but the real thing . you must admit they dont make cars like they used to . as for bikes Valentino Rossi is my main man and his yellow ducati . i was actually thinking of buying one . but its too dangerous so many stories of people getting crippled from bikes has made me lose interest . another thing on my list is to paraglide . but the first thing is to make a reef tank like no other ( keeping the thread on topic...(lol)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

OMG !!!! I KNEW I LIKED YOU LMAO......I have done 4 Porsches over the years ...that is so funny.....I started with a 74 914 that i got for 50 bucks.......did a 76 914 ...we put a buick 231 v6 in that one....wow talk about a pissed off go cart ............then I got into auto crossing with a friend in the PCA and I built a very nice "C" class 1987 944 n/a - - - and my pride and joy up until my very nasty divorce was a 928 S4 ...........man that was a sexy car ....I think when the time comes I want to do a speedser or spyder {probably a replica though.....don't have that kind of cash laying around for an original, lol}......the ever ilusive holy grail for me is a 1986 twin turbo widebody 911.....someday , someday , someday..I've had my share bikes over the years too...99 eddie lawson replica ZX1100, restored a 74 MotoGuzzi Ambasedor, couple big tour bikes {yamaha venture and a kawisaki voyager, M1 Buell Lightning......always wanted a Ducati Monster very sexy machine........i'm sorry europeans know how to built things man , lol.......right now I have a jeep and my company trucks F250 stroke with a livewire tuner {bout 560 horse with 900 ft lb tourque} and a F550 stroke dumptruck with a Bulleydog powerpup tuner almost the same rateings...both running about 35 lbs of boost......lol......they get the trailers down the road nicely.....and my Step father and I co own a 2005 Nissan 350Z, Performance series, convertable with a tiptronic trans.......nice ride but as you well know my friend...........................

PORSCHE...........there is NO substitute................

Snowboss

amadeo

by amadeo

dont you wish you have the most exotic fish in the ocean something very few have and put it your tank .something not in here http://www.fishlore.com/saltwaterfish.htm
(im a good researcher :) or the hundreds of sites like it. i want people to forget the tank and go cool efn fish

its way to early for my early morning , morning , day , mid day, night dreaming but still i cant help it .

What is next on your wish list or next big project

32 posts • Page 3 of 4