What is next on your wish list or next big project

32 posts • Page 2 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Thank you Boss,
Your kind words are truly appreciated.
Your clowns are beautiful, glad that the RO water worked out for ya'.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

holy crap man ....switching to RO is by far the very best advise I've ever gotten .....as a matter of fact we are getting ready to build a house {well ad a huge adition to an old small house} and the water is VERY sulfur....so my plumber has strict orders to include an RO faucet at the kitchen sink and in the two tank rooms, along with the 5000 dollar water treatment system {ouch}........no more buckets and bottles ....woohoo.....

Boss bows to DH for that advice....LOL

amadeo

by amadeo

congratulation DH and hi . . boss that would be a 5000 dollar wallet treatment system . truly ouch .

amadeo

by amadeo

instead of the wallet treatment why not only use this
http://www.melevsreef.com/ro_di.html
isnt it enough and so much more cheaper ...im totally on board the ro system i have to get this now it will first on my list with the new canister filter ...i love this forum you guys have been very helpful in starting my tank the correct way now... and putting me in the right direction directly and indirectly ....i thank everyone ...and i cant wait till next months pay day ...damn i neeeed money ....

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol money money money....seems to be the same for everyone.....

that RO/DI unit is similar to what they will be installing.....the main cost will be for the house water system..... the demand for regular use water far exceeds the speed and quality that these RO units can put out.....for example...the well at the new house is incredable...most standard drilled wells are doing good putting out 12-15 gallons per minute....my uncle and granmother share a well putting out 4 1/2 gallons per minute....the well at my house ........the test equipment stopps at 75 gallons per minute and it far surpassed that.....we think it hit an aquifer....but the sulfur is terrible.....so we have to treat that at volume speed and then we can use it for everyday use and then use the RO/DI units to "super treat" specific use water

lol can you imagine trying to take a shower with a 1/4 inch supply line to the shower head.....hehehehe

good find though....great minds think alike...lol thanks....Snowboss

amadeo

by amadeo

ok first of all . is something wrong here am i at a old version of this forum . is everyone hanging out in another "cool place" . dont get me wrong this site is AMAZING i dont think there is another site for little fihies hobbies , but you got to admit this forum is kinda flat . commmmmon people were is everyone .interact here i am supper excited in my new project . and forums should be a place were people could share that excitement but its like , ok yeah watever....:) any way things will probably pick up at sometime ...if im missing something please enlighten me . ..send me a pm tell me look you should really be heading to this forum we all hang out there...

with that off my chest ...back to topic what do you think i should get first because my mind is going to burst and so is my wallet. my salary actually finished before i received it iand payday usualy is on the 28...so obviously im getting my new canister filter . but heres the thing i found this video on you tube were this guy shows us how he changes his water using the RO/di system n fk me that things looks incredible and complicated . so i think ill be getting readily made gallons of that...now do i get the light system or the chiller . or oh my god i think i need to get a loan from the bank . i cant afford to get those all at once...somebody help ...

in kuwait we cant easily find custom made things ...there is either the cheap chinese stuff or the really expensive stuff and im going to go mental in about 2 seconds...breath amadeo ...breath

amadeo

by amadeo

here the site of the man and his supppppper system . this ones for you boss your right great minds think alike .
part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_1KfDx2 ... re=related

part two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTmyvXQJ ... re=related

this guy really knows his $hit

enjoy

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol ive seen those vids before ...good find

as far as the site being slow....i think as in my case spring has sprung... and people are getting busy... i know saltwaterpimp is drowning in new work out in his area and dickheaders just had a new baby girl....so i think things will pick back up when people get back into their grooves

I don't know about the chiller........is it a needed item? i know lights are important and a fan can do wonders at the top of the tank..........leave that conopy off if you can and suspend the lights that will help too.......of course that adds to evaporation .... but up front even purchased RO water is a hell of a lot cheaper than a chiller....no?

schigara

by schigara

Evaporation can be a very good thing. If you're trying to drip kalkwasser, you can only drip as much kalk as has evavorated so the greater the evap the better.

I might need a chiller If I kept my house in the summer at 76-78degrees but my A/C kicks butt and I keep house temps under 74.

If your house is 80 deg and you want to keep your tank at 78 with just fans, you will need a chiller.

If your house is 72 degrees and you want your tank at 78, fans will work just fine.

I have read about some people with large systems who have a chiller that is hooked up but would only come on due to an A/C failure in the house. Meaning the fans kept the tank cool but the chiller was in place just in case the house temps rose too much.

Now, if you have a very big house or not very well insulated, it would be cheaper to buy and run a chiller than paying to keep the house at a lower temp.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

amadeo,
Personally, I am very happy for you. Being excited is the best part of the hobby..It's like this: I have about 16-17 lbs of live rock in my nano tank. I'd say 90 % of the rocks covered by coralline.. I still can spot when "new" coralline shows up..Hmm, it wasn't there yesterday, and i can stear the spot for like 15 minutes.. My wife thought there's somethings wrong with me, today she just scratches my back and ask me" hows everything in there?" "chillin baby, chillin:-) I just noticed a beutiful bright yellow sponge colony ( size of a pinhead) on my lr the other day. Just love the hobby and your environment, and they'll love you to. Whatever happens, never give up.. If they can do it, you can do it.

I just set up a canister filter about 2-3 month ago. Marineland C-160. Very nice filter, and mega easy to maintain. It has a shut off valve i've never seen before. Fluvals are great to, But the new C series are more affordable. I paid about 60.00 bucks for it on ebay, shipping included.

I never owned a chiller, but I think they are great during the summertime. I am seriously thinkin' about to get one soon.

What is next on your wish list or next big project

32 posts • Page 2 of 4