What is next on your wish list or next big project

32 posts • Page 4 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

schigara

by schigara

Amadeo,

I agree with the AC Cobra. Definitely one of the all time ultimate cars. I was actually fortunate enough to get to drive a real 67 AC Cobra when I was 15 back in 1989. 0-100-0 in 13 seconds is no joke.

Bikes are not dangerous. The dangerous part is riding a bike beyond your experience and skill level and the most dangerous are the cagers(car people) who don't care and don't watch for bikes.

-------------------------------------------------

Snowboss,

Hell yeah, P cars kick ass! My first was an 87 928s 5speed that I bought with a broken timing belt! This was my first mechanical experience with a Porsche and initially thought, heh timing belt and bent valves, no problem. I pulled that thing apart and didn't make any marks for cam to cam relation and assumed that all I would have to do was to realign timing marks! lmao.... Well, 31 out of 32 valves were bent and $3000 in valves and head gasket sets later, I had no timing marks to go by. The so called timing marks on the front pulley mean nothing and there are no marks on the cams or cam gears so I ended up having to completely time from scratch with just the magnetic pickup on the bell housing for TDC. The hard part was timing the intake cams and then timing the exhaust cams, since the exhaust cams are chain driven from the intake cams. After the base cam timing, I borrowed a P9201 belt tension tool to acheive the proper t-belt tension.

Anyway, lesson learned and the 928 was a blast. I have driven many 928's and, like the 944's, a 5speed is the only way to go. The auto's are just pigs when compared to the 5speed cars.

I don't think most people have enough cash for a real spyder but for a replica, I would prefer a speedster. My thinking is this, no one would believe your spyder was real and for obvious reasons. If you drive a real spyder on the street, your either insane or have more money than god. Then again, if you really love it, it only matters that you like it and not if others think it's real. I guess it's kinda like having a Cobra replica.

The only thing I differ with you is about the 350Z. I have driven one and love the feel but I utterly hate the styling. I think it looks great as the G35 coupe but Nissan/Infiniti tried to please 2 masters with one platform. The 350 looks ok but the headlights and tail lights are just deplorable.

Just my opinion but I think Datsun/Nissan did great with the 240/260/280z and then went downhill starting with the 280ZX and then the "pig" 300zx in 84. I loved the body styling of the 300 with the 1990 model year except for the butt ugly 2+2 and only got better with the Twin Turbo. Loved the body of this Z but never liked the V6 that made the body styling possible. Turbos hanging off a V6 are not easy to get to! Go Supra.

Maybe I'm just too old at 33 and prefer the era of the Countach over the era of the Murcielago. I don't care if the Murcielago is a better car or if rear visibility is better or top speed is higher, the Countach is THE ultimate supercar. Just to give you an idea of where I am coming from.

Back on topic.................I love my Maroon clownfish!

snowboss

by snowboss

LMAO....i love my 3 Percs as well...they are like my second set of kids ...I got triplets, lol ..................new live rock is cycleing as we speak so things are looking up.

I at 39 am a countach fan over the murcielago....but as I mellow with age I am really starting to love the look, fit and finish of the austins....the B9 is an awsome comfy super car in my book

I definately agree with you on the styleing of the 350Z....not my favorite but for the money a very snotty affordable "poor mans super car" lol - -i had a 280Z for about 2 weeks and turned it around at about 50 mph and backed it into a 4 foot in diamiter oak tree {note: the tree won} very sad day....I loved the car....but like the 914's it would go as far as you could push it and then it was gone...no warning...no "ok thats far enough" feel in it...just go.....going.....ok see ya............dam

I do love the speedsters for a cruise car.....but the spyder kit I have been looking at comes ready to drop a WRX drive train in .....now a mid engine 1600 lb go cart with a 300 horse boxer engine in it ? well thats a car to have fun in ....lol and I'm not that old yet ...LMAO......total build will be in the 25-30 K range...not bad for a classic sports car that will eat most any snot nosed tuner out there............in dady's acura or Bimmer.......Snow boss

What is next on your wish list or next big project

32 posts • Page 4 of 4