Video of worlds smallest long term reef aquarium

31 posts • Page 1 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

brandon429

by brandon429

I know there are smaller ones but the shotglass ones are a joke and the average red sea betta bowl reefs do not live past 3 months, much less three years. I swear I'll stop claiming it's the smallest original pico when new vids of someone else's emerge...until then gimme some votes on my pics yo! nice to meet you all

B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOsitYhihc
711c1-ReefMeasure.jpg

brandon429

by brandon429

having trouble getting pics to post...
3b0c7-ReefMeasure.jpg

brandon429

by brandon429

still can't get pics, the upload image action link is actually an ad...too bad I had some sick stills ready
fce01-1-3reefbowl.jpg
27c9a-bog terrarium.jpg
7f623-ReefMeasure.jpg
f1e85-panda goby.jpg

gumbii

by gumbii

yeah... the pic loader has aids... but that's insane... i might try that one day... i have a bunch of extra corals and stuff... wow...

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

Very cool, did you set it up yourself?

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Hit "reply" to see your pics till they're aproved.

Beautiful!

I'm a fresh water planted tank nut, but someday..........eventually.....I'll go salt.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

they all do PK..............they all do...................lol we're like vampires {us salt people} we'll get you someday

awsome PICO tank man ..........ive got plans drawn up for a 1 gallon pico with a sump bottom all in one lil cabinet - - -nothing that crazy though - - beautiful job !!!!

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

So brandon, your the owner of the famous reef bowl! That thing is sick. I ran across it one day and showed the guys at my lfs, everyone loves it around here. How much work is it?

brandon429

by brandon429

thanks for stopping by fihs it's really not that hard but it's frequent because of how dense it is. One can easily put in half as much coral, half or no inverts, and get a normal two week run out of it before nitrate issues. I like to make it look crazy and the truth is that's all i can afford, the rear shot shows how barren it is I can't really afford to fill that side up as dense as the front. It sits on the edge of my kitchen sink so you see I don't naturally procrastinate water changes like a larger tank would cause. When making breakfast I just reach under the sink and pull out a gallon jug of premade and siphon the vase through it's feeding cork. I don't even have to move it for water changes, so they are that fast. I do em three times a week now to keep up with this feeding, obviously I have to compensate somehow with no skimmer but I swear its less work than a larger reef and far far cheaper!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

if i misread forgive me..............did you build the tank in avatar pic? if so very cool man - -you just do frequent water changes and that has been enough for water quality? lol testing must be hard hell you'd use half the tank water to get the test tubes filled for the tests....hahahaha

Boss

31 posts • Page 1 of 4