Video of worlds smallest long term reef aquarium

31 posts • Page 4 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

brandon429

by brandon429

the bowl has produced 50 new frags of blastomussa merlett from an original 8. Alveopora has grown up the side of the glass like xenia, and sps montipora now covers the entire upper neck region such that it has to be chipped out with a small screwdriver to make light for lower corals. the coral banded shrimp has been in the vessel 4 years, molts regularly. the cyclopeeze-heavy feeding supplies the iodine the inverts need to molt and stay healthy. all animals in the bowl are abundantly fed, usually this poisons a reef. Not if you start changing out water right after you feed heavily, I don't stock fish so daily feeding isn't required.

I also use hydrogen peroxide in a very specific manner to completely rid the tank of any algae or pest.

If you want to battle tank pests in a way you'd never guess, check this bad boy out. The largest peroxide thread for nano reefs on the web, started by ReefMiser

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.p ... =0&start=0

I took the experimentation to my bowl and wrote all the outcomes noted in that thread, enjoy

your days of green hair algae and red brush algae are gone, never to return under any circumstances.
be6ac-Photo1074.jpg

Video of worlds smallest long term reef aquarium

31 posts • Page 4 of 4