Video of worlds smallest long term reef aquarium

31 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I hate that! I hate when a teacher tells you to buy the book and then you never use it! They can go to hell!

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

brandon, isent you a PM if you didnt notice

brandon429

by brandon429

im sure you guys can do something nice with them if you have a nice selection of corals to pick from. the new rock wall thing where people are sculpting foam walls that look aged (lots of threads out there) hasn't been done in a pico that I've seen so how about something like as a good challenge. the easiest thing to do would be to get a large vase from wal mart, and the potted plant dish lid from the garden center that sits on the inner diameter of the vase neck, and make a bubbler reef like the vase. far easier is that and cheaper than a sealed reef. after you buy those two parts that fit together perfectly to direct splatter, and light it all very well, just change water often and it'll live for a long time

brandon429

by brandon429

also the square reef is sold. I still have the vase in my living room its casting a gravy blue haze on the screen as we speak and a song called "little suzie's on the up" is playing damn loud on the speakers. cops will not come if I turn it down by 10 pm.

brandon429

by brandon429

i still have other empty square tanks, three left, waiting to be built along with the custom glass lids. these base models were very expensive, they were purchased from an old petstore in lubbock called hi-tech and it was a great store with strong knowledge and a black tip reef shark display. they were called r-type betta tanks, Ive never seen any literature on them but that's what he said they were. i bought his whole shipment of them and only three are left no more anywhere with the matching stands and canopies so its like my little reef ingot in that bank lol

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Im seariously considering getting a micro pump and running a small 2.5 gallon with a gallon auto top off. That would be pretty sick. :) Set it up like you setup yours. My hands are big.......so I would want the cube look, but thats pretty intense.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

DUDE BRANDON LIVES LIKE 5 MILES AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Thats tight stuff right there. :)

Legalizeg13

by Legalizeg13

I have the same problem but the choose file button is also inactive I only have one pic up and I had to send it in to get it posted they say there's nothing wrong.?

brandon429

by brandon429

Hi friends just wanted to stop in and update the thread. The bowl is still alive, it was for years before this thread was started. It is an experiment in pico reef longevity and a test to the maximum number of corals that can be maintained per gallon of water, its legit science. The best way to preserve longevity in the pico reef is to occasionally break the rules of hands off tank care

for example, you can run five 90% water changes right in a row, export all the bad waste accumulation. Mimick a natural flushing action on the fringe reef...or time the feedings of the tank not daily, but only when a partial water change just afterwards will both allow for more feeding and more export at the same time. Doing partial water changes frequently allows you to change the feeding dynamics of the usual pico reef and make the tank able to present better feed for the animals while lessening dissolved nutrient effect on the water. once a year I do the big flushing changes. the rest are a few partial water changes a week if time allows, before each change I feed the bowl cyclopeeze and mysis, the dosing is handled by two part doser and the lights are just f5s and 13w power compacts, very 2001.

update vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIwyXymjyrk
43f0d-MacroCloseup6_2011_1_distance.jpg

Video of worlds smallest long term reef aquarium

31 posts • Page 3 of 4