Video of worlds smallest long term reef aquarium

31 posts • Page 2 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

brandon429

by brandon429

no I can't lie man I didn't build it but I did retrofit it to make it a reef. They can't be found anymore, totally lucky find for me at a lfs who had only three of these micro canopied tanks meant for bettas so I bought all of them at 29 bucks apiece! the best I can tell you to find them is he told me they were some type of R Aquarium and that's all I ever heard, but I can find nothing about em now on the web. at least the big globe can be found at naturesocean.com

the retrofits for the mini canopy was to put lifters under the lip portion so lights would stand off the tank, then rematched the stain, then paid a glass cutter 50 bucks for two lids with specific holes for the incoming wires to heater and water pump, thanks for checking em!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Thats sick bro. You should hang out on this forum more often, you could contribute a lot im sure. :) I had a 2.5 gallon I was trying to do the same kinda thing with.....There was so much evap every day.....I just couldnt keep up, and at the time an ato was out of the question.

brandon429

by brandon429

hey man thats cool of you i will hang around. id like to say that for anyone wanting to do a sealed reef there is no better design than the standard 2.5 lipped tanks. the way that plastic rim gives a rest for a square piece of acrylic, or even better custom cut glass, will beat the above method I showed for sealing. my little square tank does not have a lid, and these seals get worn over time. for the other 2.5 g tanks with the lid, a simple weatherstrip seal would not wear out as the lid could just rest directly on the lined lip of the tank. make the same internal refugium for oxygen purposes, and fan it, and I guarantee it will run sealed. have fun guys reply back in here when you build one

fihsboy

by fihsboy

If I set it up......Im going to make it long ways, and make the display a square. Cut it in half.......run the fuge in the back half and make the front part a cube. Then on piece of LR and maybe make it an island of softies. :) You have some good ideas though.Are these your only tanks? Where you from?

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

that is so badass.................... fihsboy, dude lets both start one at the same time, brandon can guide us along! it will be tight! i mean how cool is that! What options are there for inverts, i know fish are out of the question, or i assume. That would be so fun to do, plus its cheap.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I would love to right now.....but I just bought a rock for my gf.....Probably feb before I get it paid off.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

........i sware............ lol i dont wanna do it alone

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I will start to piece it together slowly. I just dont have the cash to spend on it right now. Christmas is right here.....and my car payment....and I just bought the ring...and school books are coming up. You know how it is blue. :)

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

eh true that....... i had a wreck in june, my back brakes (drum that is) went out on the ole stang and i rear ended an old man, he got out and took off so i didnt get a ticket but my insurance went up. Had to report it since i was on a busy road with a hole in my radiator. Books are a joke, my bio & chemistry book cost 220 EACH AND I HAVENT EVEN USED THEM LIKE THEY SAID I WOULD!!!!

Video of worlds smallest long term reef aquarium

31 posts • Page 2 of 4