WTF IS THIS???

704 posts • Page 2 of 71

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

janus

by janus

That's the stupidest thing you can do, stress your fish just to impress someone. I would never take any fish out of the water for no good reason. I think they don't really know what fish keeping is about.

angus4481

by angus4481

what are you all talking bout? you never walked ur fish?lol

Serial324556

by Serial324556

My Toadfish can walk on his 2 front fins. I just got a leash for him, I usually take him out with me when I get the mail.
He almost got a chipmunk yesterday!

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

some people are just dumb...

gumbii

by gumbii

you guys need to chill out, and remember that once again they are only fish...

you guys are like those people that have strollers for thier dogs and dress thier cats... sickos...

i always take my fish out of the water to measure they and weigh they... always... when i have to sex my snakes i get a probe and stick it in thier arses just so i know what they are... when i go to a petshop and look at a new snake i grab it's tail, twist it, and pinch it untill thier sex organs are forced out of the body... the same thing goes with birds... i get my parrots wings chopped off, nails clipped and beak filed...

my pit bulls puppies get thier ears CUT OFF!!!...

how is taking a fish that can survive alot more tougher situations get so stressed out being out of the water for a couple of minutes...??? i don't get it... how about when you take the fish home...? they put it in a bag with little oxygen and let them swim in thier own filth untill you get them home...

man... i've lost a couple of $100+ fancy/rare goldfish by squeezing out thier eggs to make them breed... oh well... i'm not the only one that does that, and people have been doing it for years...

so stop complaining or leaving what looks to me like ignorant remarks... we're supposed to be adults...

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

i guess we have diff points of view on this one, i view my fish as pets and part of the family and when it comes to doing something that may cause harm or a fatality to one of my family i see it as a bad thing, you are right on the other hand in the fact that it's not my fish so why should i give a rats ass. I hunt and kill wild game to eat, and i fish and keep some of the fish to eat, although there is a diff, when i shoot an animal it's dead in a matter of seconds, when i catch a fish and am going to take it home to eat it goes into a large tank in the back of the truck with water and air stones along with a power head for circulation, those fish once i get them home are cleaned and killed in a humane way, off comes the head with once chop of my big butcher knife and that's that. no pain but for a few seconds. what i don't use of any animal i harvest is taken out to the woods and left for mother nature to dispose of in a completely natural way. that way i am not waisting any bit of the animal. i do see both sides of the equation but maybe am being a bit of a hypocrite when i say that taking a fish out of the water just to measure it to show off the fact that its a big fish seems a little bit i don't know on the stressful side for the fish? especially if you are keeping it as a pet, i know everyone has their opinion and i like most have a strong opinion that's just life and the way it goes i guess.

Brandon

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I guess you're breeding your pit bulls for fighting? I hope you don't electrocute, burn, or hang the losers to death. That's not cool. I worked in a chick hatchery for a while and I refused to do the beak, mane, and waddle removal. Why the hell are you removing your dogs ears Gumbii?

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

oops... Time for a shark break!

www.sharkbreak.com
Last edited by ChristinaBug2890 on Tue May 13, 2008 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

what good does it do to pull the fish out of water to measure it, then photograph it? I'm still trying to figure this out... using the mentality that we should be "adults" and mistreat something for no general purpose other than pride is actually the mark of a child. I don't disagree that some animals require more handling in order to provide them a better or more comfortable life, but pulling a fish out of water is pointless, and does stress them (if you don't believe me just hold your breath for 30 seconds and see if u turn red).

Also, any fishkeeper who sees the need to measure their fish should be able to measure by sight.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Gumbii, you may be on to something. For the purpose of basic research, breeding and tracking general growth and development perhaps it's cool to handle your specimens the way you do. We're lacking a tremendous amount of research on humans as well. Let me attach some electrodes to your temples and your balls, goose you a little, then measure a few things like heart rate due to stress and the decibels of a grown man's screams.

Bug,
It doesn't matter that dogs have had their ears and tails cut off for years, it is still cruel and unnecessary. There is absolutely no medical reason to do it. It is only for appearance or to prep an animal for fighting. I worked against this and other atrocities for years, I wouldn't recommend going head-to-head on this one.

WTF IS THIS???

704 posts • Page 2 of 71