Where is everybody????????

105 posts • Page 5 of 11

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I used to mow lawns proffessionally in the Ithaca area myself.

Sweet sounding fish. I used to pull some big bass out of some ponds near my dads property. Noone had fished them for many years. They were in the middle of a pasture and surrounded by a fence and briars. You had to crawl under the briars to get in. My friend and I used to camp out over there and do a bit of drinking. Southern Comfort and beer!

It'll be probably August before I can come out to the east coast.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

August is perfect.....the rivers nice and warm for tubein ....the fishin is great in the morning and the BBQ is good at night ....can't ask for much more........................................christ that sounded like a Miller commercial eh? lol

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well heres and old school drink that no one except a hard core yankee would know about..........................how bout some short fat brown bottles of Genny creame ale????? or twelve horse ale if you were gonna splurge ....LMAO!!!!!

wow been a few years since those words and beer have crossed my lips

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Hhahahaha!!!! It's been months since I've had a drink. Sounds like fun.

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

how bout some Pabst blue ribbon??????? LOL good ole yankee drank too....

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Junk beer junk food! I just spend $4.33 for 4 double cheese burgers at McDonald's cause I'm so broke and threw some burger in for my gars. They love it! I've never had tamer fish. I can softly put my hand around my biggest gar and he just lets me do it. It doesn't even try to swim away! I guess they're the top predator in their native waters so they know no fear. I usually don't give them that crap. just wanted to see if they'd eat it.

You guys sure like American beer! What about Heineken or Bass? I like the beer they make at the Chapter House in Ithaca. The home brewed lager there is really good and packs a lot of alcohol too.

I used to drink a bottle of vodka a night with orange juice. Thank God I don't do that anymore. I somehow got a handle on my drinking thankfully and never put away enough to get drunk anymore. I'll throw back a few with you guys if we get it together this summer. Nothing like a cold one on a hot summer day, or night!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

woohoo.....a bottle of the clear death a night ....wow...glad to hear you got out of that little rut man......thats a bad bad road, I watched my father go down that road for a long time as a kid {he's been sober 25 years now though, amen}

LMAO the ol blue ribbon..........kicked my cheap ass many an orchard party in highschool....lol i thought Gennessee was an upgrade..LMAO

as far as beer goes now...bout all i drink is ice cold Michelob light......used to drink a Sam adams once in a great while and spent a few years in the service nursing Heiniken...........go green!!!! lol

Touching those Gar must be a really cool feeling...I would imagine if one was mad enough it could put a nice set of cuts on your hand pretty quick eh????

wow we got 4 pages out of this one.......must be all the booze talk lol

Snowboss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I don't let them bite me cause they're scary. They snap!

As for the alcohol I don't really get out of it what I used to. I'll have a glass of wine or two over a dinner or a couple beers and that much gives me a nice little buzz, but any more and I don't like who I become. I suppose it could be seen as a slippery slope for me, but to be honest I don't seem to slide into the pit. I haven't had a sip in months and it's not because I don't have friends who drink. I just don't get much out of it. One or two glasses every few months is nice and that's about it. I'm more of a pothead, but actually, I can't have that at all due to the urin tests that come up with my employment situation.

I'll still enjoy watching you guys get drunk though!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

oh no no no ...I could just quote what you wrote about me.....a 6 pack will last me 3 months, lol ....but the burning vegitation ..... ....well we'll be just fine on the boat man .....now Pimp is another story .......lol

LOL - - check list....truck full of fuel, check.......boat full of fuel and hooked up, check........2 beers for Boss and Pete, check....ok lets roll......................lol

Poetic_irony3872

by Poetic_irony3872

lol not much of a serious drinker anymore, vodka is the bane of my existance, i like it way too much, it does put a hurtin on ya though, i prefer to drink a few beer and a glass of wine at dinner time, i haven't smoked pot in a few months, but get my on the golf course with a twelver of magic hat or bud, am good for 18. although by the end of the 18 am pretty lit and ready for a steak and a nap....

LOL i hear ya pk about the drinking too much i have to watch myself or i will start sliding down that road that's not too fun, binge drinking use to be my forte` tons of parties at the one room cabin back in the woods, now those were some days.... get smashed, get nooky, pass out, wake up grab a beer and a smoke, take a pee, roll a joint, go cut some wood and then off and partying again... if i tried that now i would be hung over for a week.

rather drop a line and drink a corona at the pond and get some photos, have a few laughs and a good dinner and wake up in the morning feeling refreshed rather than sick... that's the way saturdays should be.
Brandon

Where is everybody????????

105 posts • Page 5 of 11