Alasse's Tanks

73 posts • Page 6 of 8

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

so much experimentation and expertise...Alasse, you are truly a gem in this hobby - one of the main reasons I do not visit and comment so often, I am 100% certain the newbies are safe in your hands

Alasse

by Alasse

Thanx yasher :)

Ya still should add your bit, afterall how can we butt heads if you're not here? lol. I've missed are spars!

Alasse

by Alasse

So the new tank is ready and will be arriving this weekend...woooohooooooooo

Will be a slow process getting it up and running, but i want it right so its all good. Still gathering bits and pieces for it.

Pics once its going though...you know me *L*

RE: Shrimp tank

Finally seeing shrimplets...awwww so cute and REALLY tiny *L* I got given another tank, 2.5ft, and i am debating moving them into it once its cleaned up and possibly resealed.

Alasse

by Alasse

New tank is here, will need to seal the wood stand before i can start organising the substrate for it. Got pretty much all the stuff to do the DIY substrate

Will order the new Canister and Lights for it tomorrow.

Will start ordering the manzanita & goldvine wood that will be hardscape in the tank. I'll be buying it over time as its expensive and i want a fair amount *L*

Alasse

by Alasse

Tank: 4' x 20"x 18"
Filter: Pro-Aqua 2000/LPH Canister (ordered today)
Light: 3x T5HO 54W (ordered today)
Substrate: Propagating sand/JBL AquaBasis Plus mix, Marble chips, Blood & Bone, topped with Course sand.
Hardscape: Goldvine (to be ordered in small lots cause its pricey *L*) & Rocks (gotta do a landscape crawl to find some i like)
Plants: to be honest, no idea at this stage
CO2: If i do it will be DIY
Fertz: Yep
Livestock: Redtail black shark & couple of BN (definates) and will be looking at large schools of smaller fish types.

This will not be a speedy build, budget doesnt permit it *LOL* It will come together eventually, and i will update as it happens

Tank stand is still raw and will require varnishing before anything can happen

Another tank will be going underneath, being cleaned up. Though am debating upsizing a bit

Substrate goodies (need at least another bag of marble chips i think)
276ab-4ft 27th Sept 2011.jpg
99e77-4ft 27th Sept 2011 a.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Update on the shrimp tank. You wont see them in the pics but there are literally hundred and hundreds of shrimplets in the tank, and prolly 50 or more berried females...OMG shrimp explosion *LOL*
ee155-2ft 27th Sep 2011.jpg
c2451-2ft 27th Sep 2011 a.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Pic 1 - Blood & Bone and Marble chips in

Pic 2 - Propagating sand/JBL AquaBasis Plus mix in

Pic 3 - Washed course sand to top it off

Pic 4 - Shows the layers

Pic 5 - Hardscape in
88ad3-4ft 2nd Oct 2011.jpg
b6a7c-4ft 2nd Oct 2011 a.jpg
6c5b5-4ft 2nd Oct 2011 b.jpg
7c39f-Layers 2nd Oct 2011.jpg
d5ea9-4ft 2nd Oct 2011 d.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Pic 1 - Part filled

Pic 2 - Filled

Pic 3 - What i see when i turn my head to the right while at my puter
8cdda-4ft 3rd Oct 2011.jpg
9e354-4ft 3rd Oct 2011 a.jpg
550ea-4ft 3rd Oct 2011 b.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

4ft is coming along nicely. New canister will go onto the tank today. There are 2 cories, 1 female platy, 1 RTBS and my breeding par of angels (these are not staying in here) in the tank

The 3.5ft underneath the new 4ft is now setup and home to my breeding colony of Peppermint BN and some cherry shrimp

The 3ft where the angels were has now been fully rescaped and will be home to all my cherry shrimp

The 2ft where the cherries were will be setup as a breeding tank for my Angel pair

The 2.5ft were the Peps used to live has been emptied and is waiting to be cleaned up

The new 2.5ft tank with 2 tiered stand will be brought in today and cleaned up, both it and the tank above will end up on the stand. 1 will be a quarantine tank the other will become home to my 2 fantail goldies

The 2.5ft all in one tank will be pulled down today, the neon tetras in there will be euthanized. Tank will then be fully cleaned ready to be setup, havent fully decided how as yet though.

The 3ft 3 tiered stand has been moved and will be sold along with some hodgepodge of tanks sitting around the place.

Alasse

by Alasse

A pic of the shrimp tank
aca47-3ft 16th Oct 2011.jpg

Alasse's Tanks

73 posts • Page 6 of 8