Smelly tank

62 posts • Page 6 of 7

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

wow this thread slipped right by me somehow. I skimmed very briefly. To go way back in the thread. I don't like tiger barbs much. In fact so little I bought 2 to feed to my piranha cuz I felt bad for her and they were out of guppy feeders. This one barb lasted for 3 weeks in that tank somehow? He was a soldier! And on rainbow sharks I had to put mine in with my cichlids cuz he beat up some of my community fish :( Lets see how territorial hell be now! muuuahahahahaaaaa I'm such a horrible fish owner. Good thing fish aren't really cared about by animal activists much lol sorry I'm horrible I know it I have no soul sometimes I think jk. Anyway sweet post got to watch knowledge being passed and recieved love it keep the change.

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

How are yo yo loachs? I really cant find any Dwarf Chain loachs and I cant see spending the 35 bucks to over night them. I get the point on the Bichirs. Lets just lay that topic to rest.

Stand finished.... hears the pics. On top is the new 30 gal. I"m going to make a tank piece to put in. I think i want to make it look like a tree stump with roots. So ill have to wait until i finish that to switch over and i haven't even finished my crab tank. I think people are going to like my crab tank.
32994-1.JPG
c4beb-2.JPG
4b0ce-3.JPG

Alasse

by Alasse

That looks excellent. The green goes really well with the black too!

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

Thanks. Eventually ill make a hood.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

I'd like to make a hood in the near future just so i can raise my T5HO fixture higher above the tank. I think I'll use pine and stain it cherrywood to match the stand. I want to make a dual hinged front to access the top of the tank for dosing, and feeding.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

don't mind me, but the stand looks better than the tank (for right now - hahaha)

yo yo loaches are okay, they grow to about 5 inches, and need to be in a school of 5, but 3 is okay - so in your case, make it 4...it is more of a peaceful fish, but it can hold it's own if it has plenty live plants and its own caves to dwell in

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

I picked up 5 of them the other day. They are working out great in the tank. They are small for now. The guy at the store said they need to be in odd numbers. I figured 5 is better thank 3. Once i build my background for it ill transfer the tanks. Almost finished with my crab tank. So close. yet so far. hahah

Im taking my time on the background and finding a large peice of drift wood that stands tall. Im also needing to find cool rocks.

Alasse

by Alasse

I got rid of my yoyos....they were excellent when they were little, but darn horrors as they got older. They kept latching onto my angels and other community fish...so they got short shifted out. They are now in with a tank of various cichlids at my lfs, and definately are holding their own *LOL* I personally wouldnt put them in with very placid fish ever again....brilliant though for snail removal

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

Yea well see how it goes as they get bigger. If they end up stressing everything out ill trade them in. Energetic fish. They never seem to sleep.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

wow 60+ thread.

Smelly tank

62 posts • Page 6 of 7