AC is awsome!!

34 posts • Page 2 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

Why is everyone so concerned as to what forums people are at?
Why is it so important to some that everyone stops posting here?
Why do you guys care?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Why is everyone so concerned as to what forums people are at?
Why is it so important to some that everyone stops posting here?
Why do you guys care?

I can only speak for myself here but,After 3 or 4 years of chatting with people you kinda become friends.I talk to quite a few people outside of the forums as well. I have kept most the old timers together and some New. I think people should stay here..The thing that gets me here is the lack of moderation, its a free for all and the owner of the site is just as bad. The people that Spam this site from mine...Stop It..I dont think its cool at all and dont agree with it.I did post here once or twice and the rest was PMs I was just letting people know where i was at..I was a major contributor here...Thats why i care.. Wish you guys the best of luck here...

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

Why do you care if your friends post here?
Sounds like you don't like the owner of the site so you don't want anyone posting on "his" site.
Do you know him personally? And seriously, I am sure most people who post here are out of Highschool, and don't need a mod.
You posted here once or twice? Why does it say you posted 1300 times in 3 years?
I post on the plantedtankforum and never have a problem. That site has mods, but it seriously is no different from this one cept I can swear in my posts here. ha ha.

jdak702

by jdak702

Nobody knows the admin here personally. He hasn't spoke on the forums in years. He only has like 30 posts. Most the people spamming this site with AC don't even hardly use AC. I continue to view both. It's not that hard to do. I believe pimp rather host his own post just to have a little more control over them just like i rather host my own pictures on my site so i control them. Plus, nobody likes reefcentral. RMFT is loaded with Google adsense like most sites and the owner profits off every post, every pic, and every click. Yet their is nobody around to stop bad advice from going out. That is kind of why i kind of stick around(without a profile). And to show off my shit here and there. I'll go ahead and say that pimp meant he only advertised his site on here once or twice. My guess is he's only here over my response to a post over there bashing me. I apologize for that and i am done with it. As for the whole Mro for hire, i dunno.
Last edited by jdak702 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

Jesus. What drama. I'm going over there to check it out.
Anyway - How does one get kicked off a forum? I guess we are stuck with Mro.
Mro, have you gotten kicked off every forum with moderators? Is that why you still post on RFT? Do you need a BABYsitter? ;) Don't worry, we like you here.

jdak702

by jdak702

You should check it out. I think they will be impressed with your tanks.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

jdak, I read your journal over there on the 150G puffer tank. I could have had all my questions answered there by reading the thread! Cool to see how you set it all up and rebuilt everything.
Nice lob.
Garman is over there!
I checked out the the planted tank forum...... not too many people, just the way I like it. ;)
Why do you think I stay on RMFT?
Maybe I'll join and throw a few pics uo.

Got a pic of my Tiger salamander. About 8" long now... ESCAPED out of his coffee table fish tank. Happens every summer, he goes on the prowl. He hides behind the toilet off the kitchen....

I finally found 2 baby water dogs about 8 weeks ago that just morphed into Tigers.... they are 2.5 inches long, so it will be awhile before he has some buddies to get into trouble with.
They are in different tanks as the big guy will eat the little guys.
ffb6f-IMG_5623.jpg
79590-IMG_5633.jpg

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

I bet he has been kicked off every site..Your very wrong about kids from highschool needing mods..This site would be way better with mods.and FYI he is the first person i banned, one of my mods banned another.Im super laid back..I dont try to control anyone, You can do as you please within reason.
.I dont know the owner of this site..Im 99% sure this site has been sold, Javier is no longer the webmaster.< i could be wrong...You keep implying that i dont want people to post here...Its not the case at all.Have i ever told somebody to stop posting here ?
.I did post here 1300 times, start at about the 2nd page of the saltwater section and start reading, There is some amazing post here. I put in work... For what..Other then helping the next guy out or girl ..whatever. For the webmaster to let the forum go to shit.. Its a rating site he could give two shits about this place, why should anyone ? Me on the other had I do care, I molded my forum from here, since 2007 people here have bitched they wanted extra forums,chat rooms,Mods etc...All he could say was we are looking into that !!! here we are and nothing is done.. I make shit happen..

SWP:

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

What? Why would it be better with moderators? Because a mod would disrupt the thread and
point out who is wrong vs. right? that is Bullshit. The people who answer the thread make the answers right or wrong. The OP should DECIDE what the right vs, wrong answer is, or should be. I'd leave and not even post on your site if you did that. Or would a moderator state.... "No calling a SW tank yucky"? Cmon.
Exactly what do you think a moderator would do for this web site to make it better?
I am honestly asking you. And, I am not talking about the ratings of the tanks... I am talking about the forum.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

What? Why would it be better with moderators? Because a mod would disrupt the thread and
point out who is wrong vs. right?

No...Not at all..Mro2,Nik,FreshwaterPleco, The american idol retard..< these are great examples of people who needed banned, Search them on here.This site is so full of "Kids" with shit mouths and know it alls..Expeinced to newbs people Salt and fresh dont want to deal with the antics all the time, although amusing sometimes it gets old. You obviously get the point talking with mro2...

The OP should DECIDE what the right vs, wrong answer is, or should be. I'd leave and not even post on your site if you did that. Or would a moderator state.... "No calling a SW tank yucky"? Cmon.

You can tell people there tanks look like dogshit for all i care.I also tell people the truth wether they like it or not, Im just another reefer just like U, But my name is RED.. Its when shit gets out of hand a mod or myself steps in...I dont mind a debate or a few bad words getting thrown around but thats as far as it should ever go. .Read some post from way back...you will see what i mean..Others have been super nasty for no reason ..

AC is awsome!!

34 posts • Page 2 of 4