This website sucks

93 posts • Page 9 of 10

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Holidays

by Holidays

I think this site is great, lots of fishy pictures :). If there is no rating system, then people wouldn't be so driven to post, the rating definately drive lots of people to take the time and post their tank. I like to browse this site just to see different fish and tanks, its fun. op this aint aquarium pros site.

AbadHabit

by AbadHabit

I started with a 10 and added a 29. Now I have moved them both into a 55. I have posted my picts, but does not mean that I have the best looking tank, and if others look better, then I rate them better than mine because it is far from the best looking. But it's beautiful to me and thas what counts. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I like seeing other peoples tanks. The good the bad, and the ugly. But everyone started somewhere and if they enjoy the hobby and post, power to them. I invested what I could when I could. Like the 55 I just bought for 50$. Recessed hood, light, aquarium, and metal stand, Aquarium is a little scratched, but it doesn't bother the fish. And I need a bigger one bad. I'm happy when my fish are happy. Remember: It's like this......flip it over and it's like that. Everyone have a pleasant day & Merry Christmas To ALL(and all our aquatic freinds!)
e5ea5-The 10.jpg
b9e04-The 29.jpg
f6aa6-The 55.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

Nobody has to have a show tank to be proud of it. We are all different in what we like and what we want, especially when its our tanks.

neontank

by neontank

every one has to start somewere even if it is a plastic tank

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I agree with Alasse, we all have different viewpoints on what a great tank looks like

again, I must state a very simple truth about a tank: as long as the water testing is within proper levels in accordance with whatever living inhabitants are in the tank and there is consistency, like Tmercier said, who gives a %$%$ what the tank looks like

in other words, as long as the living inhabitants do not die every day a tank can be whatever one chooses it to be

the only thing that separates a fishkeeper who is a novice and experienced is how many deaths occur in the tank...simple stuff guys...let's enjoy this hobby, it is one hobby that permits us humans to have the "sea world" sitting in some room in our house(s)

Enjoy!

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I have 19 cichlids 2 rainbow sharks and 2 algae eaters. I started stocking the tank about 3 months ago. Kept an eye-ish on the water parameters. I only lost one. MY FAVORITE ONE! Baxter my most expensive one too! A 7" Peacock of some sort. Not sure what happened but anywho if it weren't for this site I may have had many more. The LFS screwed me over twice. That's was it I needed something. Well I had google. I googled some of my technical questions that I had. This site answered a few and I liked the idea of rating tanks. I've learned alot as, I believe JDAK , said I came a long way. I did come a long way. A really long way. If it wasn't for RATEMYFISHTANKDOTCOM I'd still be putting 9 fish together that should never be mixed mainly fancy-tailed goldy with a damn MOLLIE! So yea to the OP this site does suck if you have a sorry tank as I did. Then I rated some...learned some...stole some

Pictured below: Dead baxter, My 30 gallon first setup or real close, and my now 125 gallon upgrade thanks to tips on the site mainly photo rates. I started with and 30 and progressed almost solely on this site. And I'm still doing so.
3c9bf-lab orange 003.jpg
5d725-30 gal stand 002.jpg
51478-rescape 2 001.jpg

cwilkin

by cwilkin

No offense but your tank doesnt look all that great for you to be saying what you have and you should have known that saying what you have would make alot of people mad espically the people who use this site. I'm sorry that you have had bad experiances with the rateing system but so has everyone else. Im just happy that I have people to talk fish with and get help when needed. I dont consider myself to be amuater but sometimes I still need help. Espically when a fish gets sick. Next time you should think before you put something on here unless you want the same reaction you got this time.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I assume you are speaking to me cwilkin (by the way, I just rated pictures, I gave your tank 9)

I am not into a "beautiful tank"...I am into getting the tank as close to nature as possible, that is, no filtration, no heater, no water flow pump, no overhead lighting...just rock, wood & live plant

as far the rating system, I care very little about a good rating - but I had to give a picture out for the site is best this way plus I wanted to prove that a tank that I have can be done

even though there are tanks out there without all types of gadgetry, even the dutch tanks plus have some sort of filtration and/or C02 devices

then again, if your comment is not directed toward me cwilkin - for I did not start this thread - then disregard my comment toward you; nevertheless, I wanted to correct you and/or others on this idea of a "beautiful tank", it's all in the eye of the beolder...again, my aim is to strive for an all natural system (I'd do away with the flexible buibble wands if I could but I must have some sort of agitation at the water surface or else the living inhabitants will suffer from oxygen depletion)

nevertheless, your tank received a solid 9 from me, for the tank you have does deserve it for what you are after...very cool

cwilkin

by cwilkin

No I wa stalking about the troll

cwilkin

by cwilkin

I was defiently not talking about you. I just ment that the person who started this forum should have known better. I thought you werent supose to cus on this site anyways, how come he hasnt been deleted for his mis use of this site?

This website sucks

93 posts • Page 9 of 10