Alright, ya’ll convinced me, cichlids is the way to go!!!!

33 posts • Page 2 of 4

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

esparzar1

by esparzar1

jos,
Do you think that if I doubled the ration they would still have enough room in the tank? That's 16 in the tank plus I'm planning on adding a rainbow shark and a common pleco.

Electric yellow labs 2 male 4 females
Acei 1 male 3 females
Red Zebra 1 male 4 females
Peacocks (If I can find them) 1 male
Rainbow shark
Common pleco

So, would this be okay? Also, is there another type of "scavenger" fish that you would recommed with a cichlid tank?

josmoloco

by josmoloco

Yes that would be fine, I would add even more than that, but thats just me. Hey , just a pointer a BN plec would be 1000 times better than a common plec!
Labs---2m 6f (not 4 females)
4 acei of either sex
1m 4 females red zebra
1 male blue peacock(no yellows because it may not fit in well and wont be a centerpiece fish)
1 rainbow shark and 1 BN plec

You could even ditch the plec idea in all a just get a few synodontis multicats.

josmoloco

by josmoloco

What is your filtration and water change scheduel?

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Thanks for the help!

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Well, for my 55 gallon (don't have it running yet) I'll have the Emperor 400 and Whisper 20 both running. I currently change my water in my 30 gallon every sunday (day of rest, lol) about 25%. That's what I was planning on doing for my 55 as well.

josmoloco

by josmoloco

Sounds good, What do you stock the filters with and do ou use a python for water changes?

esparzar1

by esparzar1

I stock the filter with basic filter pads (nothing special/don't know what they're called) and I have the "rocks in the bag" thingie in my emperor 400. I'm still new so, I don't know exactly what it's called. My friend gave me the tank and that's what he used for the filter. It seems to work. I've had no problems for the 5 months that I've been fish keeping. I will be getting a pyhton in the near future. I'm tight on $$$$ so I just have to take things slow :)

josmoloco

by josmoloco

. I would go with aqua clear sponges and seachem matrix(basically the same as"bio max" or "rocks in a bag") as the main filter media. ........no carbon..........

YOU CAN BUILD A PYTHON WITH

tubing from hardware store
an adapter from hardware store for water plants in the house (or python brand product)
and the vacuum part of you siphon tube.

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Once again, thanks for the help/suggestions!

josmoloco

by josmoloco

I try...........nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!

Alright, ya’ll convinced me, cichlids is the way to go!!!!

33 posts • Page 2 of 4